Post a book you liked reading

cant read fiction, been nibbling on a Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine by Andrew Chevallier. Interesting

1 Like

@Anna1 Have you read any books by Isabel Allende? I think you might enjoy her books.

1 Like

Harry Potter series hands down favorite. I listen to the audiobook every night

Right now I’m reading Alice in wonderland and Alice through the looking glass! I get confused in certain parts, it’s a whirlwind of creative chaos…

1 Like

Siddhartha is great!!

For me it’s probably a tough contender for my favorite book I’ve ever read.

1 Like

Same for me as well. It’s helped me in a lot of times of need.

1 Like

I liked ‘Fluke’ by James Herbert

“After a man dies in a car crash, he is reincarnated as a dog and attempts to reconnect with his family.”

1 Like

“The quiet room” and “the center can not hold” were both good.

1 Like

I read those both, too, Finally. I liked:
“I Know This Much Is True” and “She’s Come Undone” (by Wally Lamb).
“To Kill A Mockingbird”
“The Bell Jar”

1 Like

I’m not currently reading a book but the last one that I really appreciated was “The Gene- An Intimate History” by Siddhartha Mukheerjee". It’s by a scientist with relatives with schizophrenia who gives an inciting look into the science behind discovering genes. efforts to control negative human traits including controversial and disturbing ones like eugenics (which of course failed due to latent traits in the healthy brothers, cousins, sisters, and other non genetic factors), some of the disturbing, and out there efforts to do gene therapy, and his predictions on the future of the field.

1 Like

I have that book, I want to finish it but I haven’t gotten around to it.

Another good book I read recently was called “Calvin” which was a fictional book about a schizophrenic teenager who tries to walk across one of the Great Lakes with his girlfriend in the winter to meet the author of “Calvin and Hobbes” due to a delusion it will get rid of his hallucinations. It’s written for teenagers and young adults but is a fascinating book as it describes the conditions of the Great Lakes in the winter and celebrates the former comic strip.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.