POLL: Students gathering input for school projects on the forum

@NiceHat This forum is not run by the NIH, if that’s what you were suggesting.

Then who does? 12121212

I think the only person who should be allowed to post their school projects is me cause my life is dope and i do dope ■■■■

1 Like

To actually answer your question. No students shouldn’t come onto a schizophrenia forum for their school projects (besides me). Its the internet, they could literally pay someone 50$ to do the whole project for them. And btw college students and high school students suck anyway. A college student is practically a stuck up leech to society. I know cause i am one. I say we ban all college students (besides me)

The bottom line is no one is forced to answer research questions or surveys as part of participating here. Free choice as to whether or not to do so exists.
I have posted links to surveys etc in the past and saw nothing wrong in doing it. IMO it takes nothing away from the primary objective of being a support forum.

If people really are annoyed by the presence of researchers seeking information and the posting of surveys perhaps a solution would be to confine it to a research/survey forum that can only be accessed directly and doesn’t show up in the main list of posts(or is that too technically difficult). Then it would be up to the individual whether they chose to check out that forum or not.

According to current Forum Guidelines, researchers would need to get pre-approval from @SzAdmin

http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/please-read-intro-to-general-sz-psychosis-forum/

1 Like

I have no problem with helping out on the surveys and projects that are endorsed by szadmin. But there have been some students with truly ridiculous questions that border on offensive. And every fall and spring, there is a flood of new students. Some of them are just fine, but others are not, and I think there should be a screening process.

3 Likes

Of course these are all support communities - and one way we “support” people here is by helping the researchers and clinicians so that they can help us better. More and better research means more and better understanding, which means (ultimately) more and better treatments. If we don’t help the professionals help us, then you’re limiting how well and how quickly you can get.

I think generally - anyone in highschool or lower grades - we don’t want to support. Their papers can be done with just references and searches on the web - so I’m not inclined to help them.

Professional schools, universities - specifically graduate programs and research - are things I think we want to support, and at the same time we ask the person to post their papers so that people here can read up on them.

Does that sound fair?

And if someone posts a study / info request / survey - since many people don’t see the guidelines - please just flag it for me and I’ll review it and get the details on the study from the poster.

4 Likes

This is agreeable to me :ok_hand: