Poll: Folks with religious themed symptoms

Which one sounds more like you?

• I talk with God
  • I am God

0 voters

Both for me. 18151515

2 Likes

I feel like I am the avatar of God who previously had descended as Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Adi Sankaracharya

2 Likes

I used to get messages from god telling me how to save the world ā€¦ these days no messages but I still feel the presence

2 Likes

I didnt talk with god as much as i did with gabriel the arch angel and itticus the devils third sonā€¦ :joy::joy::joy: i didnt know what to think or feel at points of my psychosis. I can only laugh now because when i look back i had delusions but its only because i had no idea what sz was but i knew what all the other stuff was because i was raised to believe in angels and god and all the supernatural mumbo jumbo. And gabriel told me i was the reincarnation of joesph from the bible so i didnt believe i was god but definately a character from the bibleā€‹:joy::joy::joy: yo and my dads name is job in real life so you can only imagine how it played on me with that factor

3 Likes

*** bless me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Probably more I am god. But a lot of both.

2 Likes

@Ayecoop Ah man yeah that period of time at the start where you have no idea you have sz is ā€¦ :neutral_face: as a kid Iā€™d just accepted the fact that everyone around me was like a video game character and I was the one truly sentient person, in hindsight it seems so self-absorbed :sweat_smile: Then I started talking to aliens, then realised the aliens were God, though without much of a religious upbringing itā€™s weirdā€¦ And yea any time something in ā€œthe real worldā€ seems to even slightly confirm your beliefsā€¦ oh man.

@anon51414962 :joy:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: like what possess my mind to start talking espcially on specific subject matters like religon and aliens and all that other worldly stuff. And when you get that confirmation on what your told that stuff be having you on shock. I remember i misplaced an sdhc card for my sampler and the voice of this dude i met in the hospital was like its in hell with my soul then my dad found it right on the floor next to a dresser i was like wth and the voice was like your dads holy spirit made me considered giving it back :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I think the mind has a mind of its ownā€¦ one of my favourites was one of the voices threatening to hurt my friend and Iā€™m like ā€œwhat are you gonna do? you donā€™t have a body what are you really going to doā€ and he shut up for a while :joy: also from ages 12-16 I always thought there was a killer clown standing outside my bedroom door at nightā€¦ Iā€™m not even afraid of clowns itā€™s just that this guy had a knife lol

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: its the funniest thing when you can make them get stuck on what to say. But i think your right i think when your mind so calls ā€œsplitā€ it develops negatively because i heard dopamine is related to positive emotions and they like are the negative emotions like evil and trickery. Cause in my voices even the nice one argued with the mean ones but i think it was only to confuse your emotions if that make sence

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of things about sz I wish we had concrete science on but we donā€™tā€¦ like I wish we could figure out the reason why [such and such delusion] starts to happen, stuff like that. Although I think itā€™s highly dependent on upbringing and the times. In the fifteenth century it was a common delusion to think that you were made of glass, ā€œand therefore likely to shatter into pieces,ā€ but that was around when glass was this hot new technologyā€¦ also it was especially common with royalty, I think one king developed it first and others jumped on the bandwagon after, itā€™s disputed how many of these cases were legit and how many were just a weird trendā€¦ I forgot what I was saying with this but yeah I wish we knew what exactly was happening in the mind during these symptoms.

2 Likes

Let me ask you thisā€¦ hopefully i word it right enough to make sence. Is it a delusion even though we have facts to back it up? For example the bible is suppose to be a factual book (i dont know thats just what alot of the world says and thinks) like theres churches everywhere preaching the word of god. And in this so called factual book the one they call jesus spoke to the devil i believe in his mind when he fasted for forty days. Could it be possible that were only experincing what jesus went through? Just asking im not religous :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

See i lean more towards him being sz too. Cause before i knew what sz was i belived in possesion and demons. Like you said theres really not enough concrete science behind the illness itself but what there is isa bunch of diffenrent spectulations behind its onset with little evidence to back it up. So i can also see it being demons and supernatural as well. I think figuring out the onset of the illness depends on evidence that has yet to be found due to lack of resources like inventions that can pin point mental illness cause right now a diagnoses is based off of behaviour, question and answer.

2 Likes

lmbo when i tell peeps that i talk to God
ā€œokay, sweetie! thatā€™s good!ā€
he talks to me back though!
ā€œā€¦ā€
oh dear

2 Likes

I have government themed delusions

Guys, discussing past delusions is fine. Calling a religious figurehead that many people believe in a delusional schizophrenic is highly offensive to those people. Please stick to your own delusions, and not on speculating about Jesus.

4 Likes

None of the aboveā€¦

2 Likes

Like Dali said, ā€˜I am drugsā€™

2 Likes

I dont know what to say. I would chooseā€¦ *there is no God

2 Likes