Logically... I must be God

It’s hard to explain this but I got this idea that from a solipsistic point of view I must be God. I experience this consciousness and no one else’s. My entire universe is this consciousness. Therefore it must be special not in the sense that I want it to be special… but just logically… of course… there is something special about this. Society constantly conditions you to tell you that you’re not special, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned in this life is that other people are often wrong and stupid and don’t really care about you, and that’s not necessarily their fault, they’re not necessarily evil, but they just don’t, they’re not designed to care about you. It’s socially unacceptable to tell people you’re a God as well. But there’s a lot of things I have learned that I have to keep to myself if I want to function. I don’t trust people. I’m starting to believe that SZ people are often not crazy at all, they just realize a lot of things that regular people don’t or won’t admit.

On the other hand I do feel pretty alone.

Does anyone else feel solipsist or feel like they are God?

6 Likes

I don’t understand how it can be logical to believe one is God. If God is the Creator of the universe and knows everything and everyone and their private thoughts, can you ever measure up to that? Can you make the sun set in the east or rise in the west? Sorry if I sound critical, but just can’t understand well. What is solipsism?

3 Likes

Im starting to believe that SZ people are often not crazy at all, they just realize a lot of things that regular people don’t or wont admit

Firstly I had difficulty attempting to use the quote function on this computer so I just highlighted what you said. I agree with this. We schizophrenics are tapped to the higher realms. We are aware of the spirit world.

5 Likes

First off let me say that I don’t particularly know what it means but the words “I am God” seem to come up to describe how I feel. I have a sort of atman/brahman view of God meaning that I believe that the same essential force permeates every living thing and I guess every non-living thing too. I don’t believe in God in the sense of a human-looking guy who makes certain football teams win or answers people’s prayers or talks to people. I believe in a more abstract sort of spiritual or dreamlike essential quality of life which I refer to as God although I can understand the confusion… I wonder if that clears anything up or just makes it seem more confusing!

1 Like

I believe there is a religion its name escapes me that states we are all gods. Creators and destroyers. Special and dissociated from the lesser life forms. It is a belief that it true if you use the term god liberally. To me god is the universe and it enjoys pain as much as pleasure. But really I’m atheist although I do believe that there is a small chance that universe at large may just be a machine to render thought. Any case if you think you are God with a big g you use of the word creates a duality for you are not God. You’ve got a lucky case of schizophrenia if that is how it make you feel. It sacrilegious, but whatever you get no judgement here. Just don’t forget about the mortals they have feelings to.

I agree with the quote in bold. I have said that for a few years now.

However, I do not believe I am God, or a god, nor in personal solipsism… Biblically it says that men are all gods. Psalm 84:6 & John 10:34 - “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.”
However, we should not misinterpret this to mean humans are gods to be worshiped or in any way the Creator:

Question: “What does the Bible mean by ‘you are gods’ / ‘ye are gods’ in Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34?”

Answer: Let’s start with a look at Psalm 82, the psalm that Jesus quotes in John 10:34. The Hebrew word translated “gods” in Psalm 82:6 is Elohim. It usually refers to the one true God, but it does have other uses. Psalm 82:1 says, “God presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the gods.” It is clear from the next three verses that the word “gods” refers to magistrates, judges, and other people who hold positions of authority and rule. Calling a human magistrate a “god” indicates three things: 1) he has authority over other human beings, 2) the power he wields as a civil authority is to be feared, and 3) he derives his power and authority from God Himself, who is pictured as judging the whole earth in verse 8.

This use of the word “gods” to refer to humans is rare, but it is found elsewhere in the Old Testament. For example, when God sent Moses to Pharaoh, He said, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh” (Exodus 7:1). This simply means that Moses, as the messenger of God, was speaking God’s words and would therefore be God’s representative to the king. The Hebrew word Elohim is translated “judges” in Exodus 21:6 and 22:8, 9, and 28.

Read more: What does the Bible mean by “you are gods” / “ye are gods” in Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34? | GotQuestions.org

2 Likes

I dont usually dabble in the delusions sections, Im a behavioral neuroscience major and recovered so I get chewed up, but whatever

believing that you are your own God is Satanic. Lucifer wanted to be as great as god, and he became the ruler of hell when he left heaven to create his own kingdom. His followers (fallen angels, demons) also want to be their own rulers and answer to no one.

I am an atheist, i dont believe in any of this ■■■■■■■■, but I went to a Catholic school for over a decade and my mother was a nun after she graduated from Notre Dame, my uncle who I talk with often was a member of Opus Dei after graduating from Notre Dame with a major in Theology, and I can tell you that being your own god is what satanists do.

You’re a demon! It’s ok, I used to think I was half-demon-half-angel.

Take your meds! I took mine and now I am a great ape, homo sapiens sapiens, it beats being half demon half angel!

1 Like

“Logically, I must be God.”
That statement is anything but logical. It’s kind of an oxymoron. But hey, I have delusions too.

2 Likes

You sound like you have a Hinduism type of spirituality. I know Hindus view God that way. I don’t believe God is human either, I am a Muslim, so I don’t believe Jesus is God or the son of God. God is Ultimate Being and the ultimate Source of life, beyond everything and in everything in His power. God is mind-boggling is He not?

@albert_j When I was Manic - Psychotic - Mixed and totally delusional for years, I thought I had god in me and that I possesed supernatural powers, the kind of things god would be able to do if he or she exists. Some days I thought I was the Sun god - I was really ■■■■■■ up bad

thought i would say hi, buddhism i think is the nearest thing to the truth…
take care

4 Likes

Wow, you sure don’t come across as an atheist! Yes, to put it quite bluntly, thinking you are your own god is the sin of Lucifer in Isaiah 14 when he said he would ascend and be like the Most High, and also the temptation in the garden when the serpent tells Eve that if she takes of the tree of knowledge they will become as gods:

“And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” - Genesis 3:4 & 5

"How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’ - Isaiah 14:12 - 14

yeah i know the bible better than i care to

Thanks for your all’s responses. I guess don’t put too much thought into what I’m saying since my ideas are so abstract anyway… I don’t really know what I’m talking about! The word God just means so many different things to different people. Thanks for your thoughts.

1 Like

I’ve had the belief that I’m a god working or hearing the real god and am running the world. I’ve had this in me for the past couple of years. I think your right that schizophrenics are not often crazy just realize and maybe belief things others don’t. Its been really stressful at times. I started feeling and hearing my thoughts go to everybody around me and it controlling people or at least that’s what I believe. I started thinking of everything in the universe and all of heaven and put it in my heart and felt it all. Then after that some how I believed I was making changes to the world everyday. Now I feel like I just got to let go and get my story out there to relieve all my thoughts I have bottled up inside. So I started a youtube channel called theschizophrenicdiaries you can check it out if you like. Although I haven’t got to the part in my life where I talk about running the world. Oh and I think society conditions you to tell you that you’re not special because deep down you are, its like one of those things. You know when your right, but everything tries to prove you otherwise. Deep down in our hearts we know we’re special and we can feel it somewhere, but we try to fight it and deny it. So of course we broadcast and advertise that. Anyways I guess that’s all I had to say bye for now -Taylor Monroe

1 Like

when you think you are god.
do you have control of your surroundings, situations, etc?
i can however relate with the feeling of being alone. i used
to have that feeling even when surrounded by loving people.
now i know that i am not. its better now.

1 Like

feeling alone must be scary. A good feeling to have is love and support nothing wrong with that.

No I don’t believe I am the god or a god. Nor am i special in the grand scheme of things. I don’t really need that. The problem I find with religion , spirituality etc is that people can often seek to look within for solutions , instead of looking to other people , interaction , communication , etc.

God is a pretty useless word without context or definition to show what you mean by it, because the meaning of the word ‘god’ varies drastically between different belief systems and contexts etc to the point that it is essentially a meaningless word if you don’t give a specific meaning for how you are using it

I checked out your youtube stuff… Thank you for posting it.

Nicely presented.

Very brave… the interviews with family and hearing their take on things…

hearing my family talk about when I was first diagnosed and during onset… isn’t always easy for me. Again… very will done.