Poll: Folks with religious themed symptoms

i couldnt possibly comment as i would be branded as intentionally hurting others

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a similar problem during my psychotic break, I thought god had chosen me to save people from the Apocalypse. And also that I was a victim of a sadist agent of the intelligence service of my country and more senseless stuff

1 Like

None of them. My delusions where never religos.

2 Likes

the hardest one for me was the nuclear war delusion where i turned off all the electricity and put the bed up against the wall to try and shield me from whatever, i had some really stupid supplies like a couple of bottles of water, was the dumbest thing ever, i was completely off my head and it happened a few times, it was a warning sign that i was getting unwell when i started turning lights off and ā– ā– ā– ā–  :frowning:

2 Likes

I totally believe that the H.P. speaks to me every day through messages sent to me through the medium of my prayer books. He encourages me in my music study, He encourages me in my virtue, and in my volunteering, ministry, and good works. He gets after me when I do anything wrong in HIs eyes too.

1 Like

I have never talked to ā€˜Gawdā€™ (why would I do a thing like that?)
nor have I ever believed I was ā€˜Gawdā€™ā€¦but I do believe in God, just not in the sense that my reward for acting like they want me to for my entire life will come in the form of a reward given to me,
only after Iā€™m deadā€¦
so sure, right, of course I will.
and they have a lot of swampland for sale in Florida tooā€¦?
sure they do.

1 Like

Since I relapsed every day I tell God to condem every day all day this is all a terrible symptom from my relapse with scizophrenia and is disabling to me.

1 Like

ahahahahaha when you have to explain it and they give you that look lol

1 Like

Thanks for calling that one out, itā€™s deleted nowā€¦ sometimes I have a pretty bad measure of what isnā€™t and isnā€™t okay to discuss wrt religion since Iā€™m so used to all my religious feelings being ā€œunusualā€ or fake but yeah it was not fair to others on the forum. I apologise!

1 Like

I thought God was talking to me and i was a prophet. After everything is over I think that God never spoke to me while I was awake. I think he spoke to me once in a dream and I had a vision of atomic radiation wafting towards California but not killing anyone in California there and not knowing the source of the radiation immediately after I woke up from that dream. The dream happened probably a little after I starting becoming psychotic around 15-16 years old. I told my brother and sister and mother about the vision and the dream about 5-6 years approximately before the earthquake in Japan and the radiation wafting towards California in 2011. In the dream God told me a couple of things but when I asked about being a prophet he said ā€œyou are not sentā€. I didnā€™t understand what that meant until years later when I was reading through the Bible and got to the book of Jeremiah. In the book of Jeremiah one of the passages says about the false prophets that they were not sent yet they ran. It was Gods way of telling me Iā€™m not a prophet before I started hearing voices but I didnā€™t get it really until I snapped out of psychosis

1 Like

Both. I used to hear God. He would tell me comforting things and he told me what to do. When i started clozapine he disappeared.
Then one of the ā€œothersā€ was the earth god and very powerful. He wrote a lot of very anti religious
Poetry while i was sleeping. Now they are both gone. Iā€™m not sure who i miss more.

1 Like

It says in the Bible there is other Godā€™s. But one was superior. I share your view.

1 Like

If we canā€™t talk about Jesus, then, we canā€™t talk about Buddha, Ghandi, Shakti, Shiva, Mohammed, Moses, Abraham, Isaiah, Woden, Diana, etcā€¦etcā€¦either. Itā€™s only fair.

1 Like

or the great potato or the spaghetti monster lol

2 Likes

We donā€™t talk about ANY religions here and Iā€™m sick of the insinuation that we give preferential treatment to some religions over others. We donā€™t see everything, and we respond to all flags. I just closed down like three threads about Buddhism yesterday.

We discuss the Flying Spaghetti Monster and the great potato because those are not real religions and do not trigger anyone. There is a difference between being triggered and being offended. When the potato/spaghetti monster jokes turn towards attacking real religions, we also shut those down.

2 Likes

I think youā€™ll find that the flying spaghetti monster and the great potato are more of a cult than a religion :joy:

I actually harvested my potatoes today :slight_smile:

all hail the potato God for helping me sow his great seeds :slight_smile:

1 Like