Ever thought you were God? or Jesus?

I am currently medicated and not having pos. sx but I just got out of the hospital 6 weeks ago. My 13th trip in 9 years! Sheesh.
I had tons of inserted thoughts and even talked to and answered myself thinking I was talking to the universe. I thought it was using my voice to talk back to me. Talk about crazy as sh*t!! It informed me I was the “God of Evolution.” That it made sure I was born by making sure my relatives going back 50K years (before modern humans, even) got together one after the other so that, specifically I could be born. It further made sure that my parents named my Christ (that’s part of my name) since I was being sacrificed. It said, in the future, I could take my thrown as God.
I don’t WANT to be God! I am so glad this delusion has faded since my new meds. SO weird. No intent to offend anyone. If I did, sorry.

5 Likes

Yes. During my first psychosis in 2015 i thought i was a religious figure - i noticed the meds helped me see why that couldnt be. By 2016 I realised it was ridiculous.

like yourself, many of us have been there and are glad to be out of there

2 Likes

When I was most ill I thought I was a prophet.

3 Likes

How are you doing today @Speedy ?

3 Likes

I’m fine, I’ve been struck by the flu so I have been resting a lot. But now I’m fine. Feeling better!

I also have been erratic with my sleep. I slept for 3h and just woke up. I’m having coffee.

I’m thinking of going to the record store today but I’m not quite sure yet. I don’t like the idea of spending money. I want to save some money, why I don’t know?

I’m getting tired of the cold. I hope spring comes soon.

How are you? How’s the weather in Belgium?

1 Like

Glad you’re past the flu!

I’m doing alright. Going to Dune 2 in 2 hours.

Maybe find something good to save for.

It’s 13°C and sunny today. Great weather for Belgium in March.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I liked the first one.

Yeah, I have been thinking of buying new speakers but I’m not sure. Hi-fi equipment is overpriced imo. I do enjoy music a lot. But if I’m buying, then I want to know I’m getting my money’s worth.

It’s only between 0⁰c -2⁰c degrees around here. I wish the weather would get better.

1 Like

yeah. i used to believe i wasn’t a human being but a demon.

1 Like

I believed I was an important prophet who would usher in the great tribulation. I was out there!

1 Like

I thought I was going to be a prophet later on in life, and that God was preparing me now; that was when I was 13.

Ever since then, I’ve had the voice of God in my head telling me to do things or telling me how I’m immortal and should test it.

In high school, I thought I was the reincarnated Moses and almost started to preach in front of my class, luckily, my dad came and stopped me.

1 Like

I believed I was responsible for helping Jesus return to earth.

1 Like

My first psychotic episode and hospitalization was in 2015 too :slight_smile:

It’s funny how you all say that you ‘believed’ these delusions. I believed mine for a while and I am so glad I feel relatively sane now. I did many very scary things. Don’t even want to say what.

Yes, it was like I transcended to a higher state of being, still in my own body though. This was only during my first psychosis.

1 Like

I’ve been non religious/non spiritual all of my life so none of my delusions have had those themes

2 Likes

At one point, I was yelling at the TV in an alien language to humans on another planet. I was letting them know they better start being peaceful, or I am coming over there. That’s one of the more tame things I did. Bat. Sh*t. Crazy. Thank God for meds.

1 Like

in my delusion the devil hated me ,God hated me and whole human also, in my first psychotic episode and my punishment for this was hell

shocking overloaded

I have PTSD from it

1 Like

I’m an atheist and I still had those delusions which was way out of character.

Oh wow…I am sorry to hear that @san_pedro
I have PTSD from my episodes too. I have been banned from 2 grocery stores for making a scene acting out delusions and believing it.

1 Like

My Delusion is that i am an Angel for Children. It stems from the loss of my Daughter in the past - and way too much LSD when i was younger. Ive got into some right trouble with it, when ive been psychotic - and told people in the bars. They wrongly thought i was a perv. But as proved many times, by my Psych Team, my feelings are genuine for having a family and looking after little ones.

For many years i wanted to be a Nursery Nurse - and did half the training course.

Probably way over-shared - but i bet if i was female, they would say it was a mothering instinct. But why cannot men love children as well, without arse hats round here perverting it?

2 Likes