Poll: Do you consider your unusual beliefs to be real?

I was just telling my therapist an hour ago that I believe that since everyone is ‘going along with’ the brain study, I must go along with it too. If I accuse people of acting and get confrontational, I will be hospitalized so I must go along with the program, which is what I do. I pass as normal very easily but the truth is I am just ‘going along’ with the brain study and all the people acting around me. To upset the apple cart means to be hospitalized involuntarily (i.e punished) so I just mozy along…‘sure…this is all real (wink, wink) sure it is. Sure Donald Douche bag is President. Absolutely, if you say so…’

1 Like

It’s weird it’s like I already know my delusion to not be real, but in the cotinous experience of them I have and idea of its possibility one way of seeing it being possible

I’m guessing I’m just going to have to re-shape my reasoning of this way it can be seen not being of a possiblity.

Weird I know, but this post reminded me to do that

Since coming out of the Hospital I still can’t shake my Delusional and Paranoid Beliefs completely.
I now have insight but still question reality.
I don’t know if increasing my meds will help as they are no longer true Delusions but more so Delusional Beliefs.
Maybe it’s going to take some more time before they totally disappear.

1 Like

I believe them, no other explanations have come close to my experiences

1 Like

Without regular meds I could tell myself my thoughts about having female parts are unreal and they would dampen down for a while,but at some point they would rise to the surface again.

2 Likes

I also have the “delusion” that God talks to me personally, in depth, interactively, and everyday. However, I don’t believe this is a delusion. I believe that this is very, very real. Sometimes the voice I read is Satan trying to make me feel guilty. I have to discern whose voice it is. Satan’s or God’s. Usually it’s not hard to figure out.

3 Likes

Is this a delusion ?? It must be

2 Likes

That is too funny!

I also believe that ‘they’ talk to me in my head. Not all the time, but they do. They are always talking to my subconscious and I am unaware of what they are saying but they also talk to my conscious and I am aware of the content. I genuinely believe that scientists talk to my brain.

I believe that the spirit of my grandfather lives in my bedroom. Other people have been able to tell “the dark area” of the room every time someone is around me. It’s real. I pray for his deliverance.

1 Like

Technology has a way of proving my ‘delusions’ to be true, it just takes time for others to catch up the truth.

Need a third option that says, “I used to and THANK GOD FOR MEDS!”

So nice to be free of the Traveling Alien Road Show.

Insight. So wonderful!

:heart:

3 Likes

Lately I’ve been obsessing over the after life (even though I’m agnostic) and contacting my loved ones. (I’ve been posting on psychic groups on facebook). I think it’s because I’ve been dreaming about my mom a lot lately

1 Like

I am constantly obsessing over the afterlife. Mainly I am obsessed with not going to any type of hell after I die where I will be tormented. It’s really not healthy for me to do this but I’m not sure what to do about it.

1 Like

I am paranoid about being sacrificed but, thank God, I don’t fret over going to Hell. I don’t believe in Hell. I believe your consciousness lives after your body dies. It lives as one with all the other consciousness’ alive or that have ever lived. With the emotions of the human brain removed, it is pure love and peace. That is what I think.

1 Like

I believe in enlightenment and attaining it in this lifetime may lead to eternal paradise. I also believe you may have many lifetimes to achieve this. However, I seem to have a paranoia about hell and torment. Or even the idea of having a new life living in a terrible situation. I’m trying to live positively so this doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

Yes, I think my beliefs are real. I think I can see invisible parts of the electromagnetic spectrum. And I believe people are psychic. And many other things.

3 Likes

My paranoia is very real as well. I don’t believe in hell, however, I desperately fear I am going to be tortured so that ‘they’ can study my brain and body reactions to the torment. Sometimes I fear I will be sacrificed like Jesus or worse. They sometimes tell me I have been tortured and my brain was programmed to forget. I get very panicky that they will make me remember and I will have no recourse.

Paranoia sucks azz. That is the #1 reason I take my AP

I actually believed I was Jesus re-incarnate years ago and that I was going to get crucified by a group of people I hung out with that were mostly on the wrong side of the law. I’m happy I got over that delusion.

4 Likes