Poll: Do you consider your unusual beliefs to be real?

I secretly believe my unusual beliefs too. As creepy as they are.

1 Like

Why would I want to believe them? the more I tell myself they aren’t real the less power they have over me, and they eventually fade with time.

3 Likes

one of the worst unusual beliefs I ever had was believing that my mom wanted to kill me.

1 Like

I believed my parents had adopted me at birth and were running some sort of reality TV show about my life as a mean spirited joke towards me. I also believed they were forcing me on meds so I couldn’t defeat earth and then the universe. But I was also using some hard drugs around that time and off meds for a couple months.

I thought I was Jesus returned as well. I don’t believe that wholeheartedly anymore but it lingers. The paranoia about being sacrificed just sits in the back of my brain. Never goes away.

1 Like

I always wondered why so many of us with SZ have the belief that we are Jesus, or God, or even the Devil. I wonder what it means.

1 Like

We tend to have delusions about whatever is in our culture. In other parts of the world they have religious delusions that are not about Jesus but about their own religions. I am not even Christian and I believed I was Jesus because the Christian religion is so powerful in the USA.
The rest of my crazy delusion? I suppose that comes from my knowledge of invasive technology and fear of being exploited or persecuted. I am only guessing.

1 Like

My mother is an avid Christian. I remember my delusions and voices started happening within days of “realizing” Christianity wasn’t real. I had an epiphany that it may not be a true religion (whether it actually is or not I’m not sure). I remember being very sad about it at the time and within a couple months I was diagnosed with SZ. However, I was also using meth at the time for a few months and had been smoking weed for years.

Ya, drugs can definitely affect your experiences. I also think all religions are based on fictitious books but I believed I was Jesus none the less, lol. I actually thought I was Jesus reincarnated and I had come back to abolish religion. Pretty fu*ckin’ crazy.

1 Like

Its what Im feeling that I cant deny.

It really is unusual feelings with me.

I am such a person who relates to my feelings.

My medication takes away alot of feelings of religousity spirituality and bieng controlled by a human or alien, and also my vibes which I used to live by.

My medication help me see a reality without these beliefs and most important to me a reality without these feelings.

1 Like

I believed I was Jesus re-incarnate brought back to become the beast to punish mankind for crucifying me 2000 years ago and not bowing to me by now. Glad I got over that.

Well, I am over my Jesus delusion ( I think) but I still believe that I have an alter ego who lives in a different reality, right here on earth (I am the one living in the ‘fake’ reality) and she is the savior. I actually think that is true. She is a scientific savior who has brought peace to the world and has abolished religion. Pretty crazy. I know.
I am going to try a new med to see if I can get rid of my delusion.

I still have some different personal beliefs about my life and afterlife I believe. Maybe not everything is a delusion, you never know.

2 Likes

I do believe it so you’re right. You never know.

1 Like

I guess I consider my real beliefs to be unusual.

4 Likes

I had a very brief Jesus delusion only after I was injected with Haldol. I did have a messiah delusion where I didn’t think I was Jesus but I thought I was a messiah in similar fashion. Since we’re sharing delusions (my respect to you 47average for sharing), I sometimes have this delusion where I yelled and it caused an earthquake, tsunami, and influenced the weather. It’s hard to shake. I thought with strange logic that my yell caused a sound wave that made a miniscule change which became something, like the flap of a butterfly wing causing a tsunami and all that. I’ve yelled a few times, but true logic indicates that weather changes naturally and earthquakes are unpredictable. I also thought that differenr sounds had different effects as well as locations. Like yelling, “GOHAN!!” At the top of my lungs in a valley caused a tsunami and rain patterns to shift toward Africa some years back because rhe sound bounced around the mountains with an echo. Words like “■■■■!” Would crack the sky, open the clouds and bring a sunny day next morning. Even that it brought rains back. It’s such a silly notion. I felt that gohan yell was stronger because the Nnnn sound reverberated. Frieza!!! Would make it hot at day and cold at night. Weird I know. Hadn’t seen Dragonball in years hah. This was before the videk game Skyrim. I even thought that yelling from an Indian reservation helped them get back some land because it got picked by sonar radar and the president finally granted them some land because he didn’t want other countries to blame U.S. for natural disasters. Much more likely it occurred because of years of diplomacy between the tribe and the government. How about them apples?

2 Likes

I even thought it cause me to be under government surveillance for being picked up by sonar radar. Was quite a few years with paranoia, contact with aliensnin my delusion because I figured it was one of the loudest noises to come from a human. This was at night. Not to mention the guilt I felt during the devastation. I meant cracked the atmosphere not sky whoops. Even thought I averted bad tensions between China and Japan. The strange thing is I wasn’t even thinkingnthe sole time I yelled gohan. Anyway, those are my silly delusions.

I have an unusual “belief” that nothing exists but a thought. No time, space, matter, not even myself. Descartes said “I think therefore I am”, but I’m not so sure I can know it is myself thinking.
Therefore all I can know is that one thought exists.

I still think everything exists, but I’m not willing to believe it wholeheartedly with that in mind.

That’s just philosophy, by the way, no delusion involved.

2 Likes

a fraction of mine i know for fact are real , i just dont believe the dumb ■■■■…

1 Like

Me too dont touch meth man i did it for 3 months and im still pretty depressed. I also went more psychotic than i have ever been om suprised i am doing a bit better. I hear voices still every day. Im sad i ruined my own mind for a high. I was alreadey diagnosed for years before i did meth. I still wonder if ill ever be me again.

1 Like