Philosophies about God

It says God purposefully doesn’t reveal himself to mankind. I’ve read that verse twice but I can’t remember what verse that is. It also says that you are a fool if you don’t believe God exist in your heart. He doesn’t reveal himself because there isn’t angels flying around or something like that to where it is obvious. It also says that if you seek God he will reveal himself to you.

It also says that he blinds people’s minds about God. I believe he does that because the people don’t want to believe in God.

2 Likes

Honestly I think I wrote way too much information.

I will instead change it to this boring text just because the system will no doubt make me do so.

However here is even more pointless text just to make sure it does.

Peace brother, continue forward.

I’m still waiting for the meek to inherit the earth…

but believe in God, don’t believe in God, I don’t care as long as one doesn’t push that belief on others…this is obviously an impossible expectation of my fellow humans of course.

2 Likes

I saw a bumper sticker:
“The meek shall inherit the earth. If it’s alright with you”.

5 Likes

I am sorry, but this is how I feel. I am not here to put down other peoples faith or religion, but I will express myself on how I feel about God and religion. Too many people obsess about fantasy, mythical beliefs in believing in a god that no one knows for certain if he or she exists. Theists or believers hide behind their God, and do not take responsibility for their actions. They believe that this mythical fantasy based all mighty figure will pardon them for theirs sins just because they believe in Him. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging the fact that a God could exist - just stop obsessing and hiding behind unfounded fantasy based beliefs. Religion keeps faith out in the open, its all about converting the masses to their belief system. Religions are rigid and feed on others fear and guilt.
I personally believe that something else mightier than us is at work - call it spirit, nature whatever - there is something special and powerful at play. When I do something wrong or behave in a certain negative way, I do not automatically go to my God and ask for forgiveness. I take on the blame myself without resorting to hiding behind certain religious laws or belief systems or a God, Many of our wars were in the name of God - people slaughtered others in the name of God and religion - The Hypocritical thinking never ends when it comes to religious people and religion - I think that faith and belief in God is very personal, religion keeps it loud and intrusive a very divisive and rigid cult like annoying institution

10 Likes

Advice after 22 years on this path back to God:

Each time you do bad = Karma +1.

Karma (Buddhism), Divine Providence (Judaism), What you sow so you reap (Christianity), these are all the same thing. Each gives you a slightly better understanding of what is going on.

To remove Karma, you must do Metta & ask/give forgiveness.

Proof:

Find someone that hates you and verbally attacks you everytime you see them. This is due to karma.

You can prove what I say is true above by doing Metta (meditation) on this person.

The next time you see this person they will bother you no more. I have used over many years against some very nasty people.

But be clear, if you have a bad thought, speech, or action; Ask forgiveness, and give forgiveness. If not you are moving backwards in Karma. No man is perfect, but you can get closest by Forgiveness, and Metta.

Jesus Asserts truth (“man has the power to forgive”), but only Buddhism gives you the tools to check this (“metta eg kindness meditation”)

In terms of religion, it is only there to make you love your sisters and brothers (eg be nice to people).

“Love your Neighbour” - Jesus

All the rest of religion, you would do better to swap for University studies.

“Love god with all your heart and mind” - Jesus

Hope it helps someone.

2 Likes

I found that verse that says God doesn’t reveal himself to people. It’s Corinthians 1:21 “Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe.” So it is impossible to just know God exists in your mind. Like I said before you can know God exists in your heart by creation or nature. But we can’t see, hear, or touch God. That’s why we don’t know he exists in our minds. If you just search for him and ask him to reveal himself to you he might answer your prayer.

yes, but creation reveals God…something that Native Americans saw clearly

“that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:” Romans 1:19 - 20

God does also occasionally communicate through angels, or signs of varying kind. You just have to have the discernment to read the signs and know what they mean…

Yes, but why isn’t everybody a Christian? What about the verse that I just said, since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom.

You know you can’t find god by talking about finding god?

You will never find god if you do not meditate?

You will never find god if you do not clean and build your heart and mind?

You will never find god until you clear what you have sowed and now reap? (karma)

When you pray, you talk to god?

When you meditate, you listen to god?

It is true that the Lord shuts the eyes and ears of those that are not ready to be taught by him.

No man hath ever seen god.
No human wisdom has ever seen god.

Do you not understand this?

It means you can only find and see god in spirit. eg Meditation.

“The Kingdom of God Is Within You” - Jesus

Not everyone is a Christian because some choose human wisdom over the things of the Spirit…continue to read on in 1 Corinthians 1

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. - John 4;24

“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. - John 4;24”

Not everyone is a Christian, because GOD has 6 faces who speaks 6 voices, and yet they say the same thing.

Each culture and race finds its own GOD and therefore teaches Man another route back home.

Indeed, some do NOT even want to explore this beautiful thing called GOD. As long as they are good people who do right to another, GOD still loves them.

But when they meet GOD, then they WILL bow down and take Authority from him, else they will get deleted.

Pick a religion, Love it, Live it, Be it. Take it into your heart and mind.

Then when you want more answers, go look in another one too.

Or do not pick any, and just find GOD through good work and studying, or service to others.

You will find they all say the same thing. How to get back home.

I believe in God, but not in the Christian conception of him. I have trouble with a God who demands total, unreserved devotion to the exclusion of everything else and who will inflict intolerable suffering on you for eternity if you don’t give him this. Is God really so insecure that he can’t exist without our worship?

This is exactly what we are saying, do not trust every word from a book, or all men in a building.

Trust your heart and your mind?

What have the Masters taught you about Love?

Love your Neighbour; Love God with all your Heart and Mind. Use these as your guide.

If what you are reading or hearing, is not in love and for peace for all man, then it is not from GOD, just man to justify some behavior or another. Which no doubt at the time was needed for whatever reason.

Remember that religions are 1500+ years old, and the World back then was not the way it is today. Back then there was no police, or government, or the UN, and so it was GOD who took vengeance!

All Masters speak of Love and doing well to another.
But Jesus brought a new way in Love and Forgiveness.

But you do not have to “believe” all this like others say and then have to wait until you die to find out! Just go inside your mind and meditate and find out for yourself?

Every religion has Meditations you can use (reflection, contemplation, mindfulness).

In maybe 25 years of praying you may get a few ‘things’. Whereas in Meditation you will get to feel and know within a few months. Also you will no doubt turn on your dream function and start getting guidance through this too.

God is inside you, watching, waiting - but how can he talk to you if you do not meditate?

“The Kingdom of Heaven is Within - Luke 17:21”

Very few man, only the stupid ones, believe EVERYTHING in any book. Remember some stuff was put in to test if you are bad or not, just to see if you will try and justify your evil “by something out of a book”.

Isaac behold for no man shall see the face of God the greatness and glory of God works through the minds of other men

It is true. You have to find him yourself, in love.

No Man will be willing to explain to you or show the view.

Others can only point the way they have found useful to get back home.

Unless you follow Traditional religion, which in that case you should follow their path.

There is nothing wrong with Meditation though, ask your Teacher.

It could have to do with prehistoric spacemen - my brother’s least favorite subject. There are some things in the bible that didn’t make sense to me until I looked at them in that light. Angels are described as messengers of god. And descriptions of their descending and ascending for one thing. And the ‘Ark of the Covenant’ - Why is there an ark on top of a mountain? Maybe it was a spaceship. And various prophets of the old testament.

I don’t believe in these things, but they make more sense to me than what they taught us in Sunday school. That’s as far as I ever got in church.

I am actually waiting for God to eradicate evil. I think one day it will happen. I hope I am around to witness it!! How did evil come into being anyway? There is no place for evil in this universe. I find it strange that God is not doing more to help this world where we live but think he is coming up against evil all the time. He has his work cut out. I am waiting for peace,happiness & love to prevail on earth…

sunnybreeze

Only Men are Evil. There is no evil in GOD.

It is down to us to bring about change for the better.