People are reading my mind and saying out loud things I've thought

I know it might sound silly, but people are hearing my thoughts. They are repeating what I’ve thought to myself. I know people who have not experience this may think I’m nuts. I feel completely alone and I feel that people besides myself are experiencing this to. I could use support.

5 Likes

Medication can help with that. Are you on any?

1 Like

I experienced that but Im on Abilify now and I pulled through. You can do it too…

1 Like

I read a post saying that we trying to find meaning in others reactions to our body/language or when our thoughts and their words seem to ‘sync’ when there isn’t any actual magical connection. I’m not explaining it very well, lol but when I read it, it gave me comfort knowing that this idea of thoughts being exploited is simply not true.

If you’re on meds, stick with it! It will get better, work with your doctor to find a therapeutic dose that works.

I can relate to how shitty this feels, I’m sorry.

2 Likes

I am on medication, I just saw my psychiatrist. She did not deny that this was happening to me. She also didn’t want to change my medication so I kind of feel alone with these feelings I’m feeling and it’s overwhelming cuz I really feel that it’s real. That people are saying when I’m staying in my mind my thoughts and then laughing at me. I feel empty

1 Like

No one can read your thoughts. Humans are not telepathic in such a way. Fret not, your thoughts are locked away within the safe repository of your head.

4 Likes

Thank you for your support. I feel really alone. I have proof that people are reading my thoughts. Just seems like something God would never allow but it’s happening to me. My psychiatrist does not want to change my meds. I really close myself off and distance myself from everyone because I don’t want them to repeat my random silly thoughts and to make fun of me for these thoughts I don’t know what else to do when my psychiatrist is not willing to help

2 Likes

Oh man, that sucks I’m sorry. How long have you been medication/dose? Unfortunately, I don’t have any special words of wisdom in that regard but all I can let you know is I’ve been there before, and with time and patience, It does go away, for a lot of people it does, I know it’s scary but stay strong, The brain is a strange and powerful organ which can perceive things in an odd way, if the circuitry is off.

2 Likes

Thank you ,I just feel hopeless I’m wondering if I should see a difference psychiatrist. So I’ve had thoughts in my mind towards my sister and she’s repeated exactly what I thought out loud to other people and laughed with them for what I thought I feel like an outlet for anyone who wants to listen to my thoughts and judge me like their thoughts are just all positive and sunshiny. I’m ashamed of myself and I feel so alone. How can you be around people that are listening to your thoughts and saying what you thought to yourself out loud and laughing at you because of your thought process. I prayed so many times to be just taken away because I feel tortured I really feel tortured and I don’t see light at the end of the tunnel I just feel so hurt

2 Likes

I am on medication. I told my psychiatrist what I’ve been going through. I told her I feel like people are reading my thoughts and judging me. She told me well people might think you’re judging them. I feel like since she doesn’t want to change my medication that she doesn’t care. I’m on Seroquel and trazodone which I’ve read online have a negative effect when combined. I’m taking them as prescribed and they’re not helping. She seems like she doesn’t care like she gets joy out of my negative thinking. I feel like everyone’s against me and I have no positive influence in my life besides God. I feel like she doesn’t care to want to help me my psychiatrist. She thinks therapy will help me. How am I supposed to think like this and feel which I absolutely do feel that people are hearing my thoughts and they’re saying them out loud to me and then laughing at me like my thought process is a joke that their thought process is positive and that they don’t judge at all but since my thought process is heard by everyone I’m being criticized and pushed aside and not accepted and I’m a joke and I’ve been praying which I know is wrong but I’ve been praying to be taken from this world because I can’t take feeling like this feeling not accepted by family or my surroundings. I feel empty

3 Likes

It sounds like first step is you might want a different psychiatric opinion. Second, do you have a support network. People you can talk to who can reassure you that no one is hearing your thoughts? It sounds like you could use both. I know it can be difficult. I’m sorry youre going through this. Your situation can get better. Keep on working towards a better mindset.

3 Likes

I am thinking about switching psychiatrist. I hope that the other psychiatrist for my clinic will be more understandable of what I’m going through and then the psychiatrist then I’m seeing now I really appreciate everyone’s supportive words thanks

Don’t give up if the seroquel doesn’t work, it’s not known as one of the stronger APs. Lots of people take it as an add-on though. In the meantime, it only seems as if people can read your thoughts, they actually can’t.

2 Likes

Yes. I’ve experienced that. One time I was sitting outside McDonald’s in Wal Mart thinking about getting a big glass of sweet tea. This guy not too far away started talking about someone wanting tea and wanting to get the caffeine and sugar high from it, which was exactly what I was thinking.
This is even weirder. One time I was delivering pizza, and I had a cold and I felt bad. I was being a little gruff with my customers. Then this disk jockey on the radio started talking about a pizza delivery man who was being rude to his customers.
I’ve experienced lots of things like this. It’s weird.

2 Likes

It might help you to do mindfulness meditation on a daily basis, it has to be daily. It will reduce the amount of thoughts in your head which might reduce your tortured feelings around other people since you will be having less thoughts, that in your mind, they could possibly hear.

You just focus on your breath as you inhale and exhale.

It is tough, I struggle a lot with maintaining focus during the meditation practice but it does help.

1 Like

Try to be mindful of if you are subvocalizing (talking under your breath) this can be done with your mouth closed, even through your nose. If you find yourself doing it just relax and breath deeply. This usually happens when I’m nervous or deep in thought, or trying to block out the world. Just relax you are normal :slight_smile:

1 Like

yea… pretty much half the people here have gone through that. The funny thing about it - you’re mom and dad are also among those people reading your mind… so ask them, if they can read your mind, then I guess it’s people that are reading your mind :slight_smile: Really sorry you’re experiencing that, but it helps to look at it as it really is - ‘‘It’s not really people’’… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same makes me get a pukey feeling.

1 Like

When did you start the meds ? Could it be she wants to wait for it to kick in before considering a change ?

I have this experience that you experience all the time. I’ve experienced the radio thing also. I was singing alone to a song and the people on the radio thought it was funny that I was, it’s good to hear I’m not the only mind people are listening to and commenting on.

1 Like