Parents have gotten old 😔

Went to my folks house to pick up some dvds and man they have gotten old. I am 38 and they are 70. Time has caught up with them. The visit has made me sad

6 Likes

My dad is old and it makes me sad that he only has a few decades left.

2 Likes

My Mom recently passed away and my Dad is very old.
He’s 85 years old and I worry about him.

2 Likes

Sorry about your mother @Wave

1 Like

Thanks @anon94176359 15

1 Like

I want to develop good closer relationships with my parents before they pass away.
My dad is in his 70s and recently I noticed him looking older than usual it makes me sad too

2 Likes

my mom and dad are both 76…it frightens me to lose my parents…don’t want to lose them, especially my mom, i am closest to her…sorry you are feeling down @anon94176359

so sorry you lost your mom recently @Wave

2 Likes

Thanks @jukebox

1 Like

I worry about loosing my mother all the time.shes 76. She’s my main support, both emotionally and on the farm. I don’t know what I’d do without her. She has comforted me every day for my whole life, I think I’ll end up back in hospital when she dies let alone farm, I won’t be able to take it.

1 Like

My Dad is almost 75. My mom is 70. My mom still works 40 hours a week. Dad is retired. He has been in the hospital a few times in the last few years.

I worry about them too but it’s part of life. My moms older brother is sick with cancer. He has it real bad. He is about my fathers age.

2 Likes

My mom is 85 and my dad is 88. They seem so much younger. They are both so clear minded and healthy. I will be devastated when they die.

3 Likes

I might talk to my counselor. My gal is pretty sick, and it looks like I’ll outlive her.

@anon94176359
Sending you warm wishes, peace, and hugs… :hugs:

1 Like

my mum is 76
couldn’t care less about my father
though there will be an impact still - i’ll probably just resent him for dying

mum is still taking care of a 3rd Schizophrenic daughter aged 41. She has spent her adult life looking after the other 2.

Mum outlives odds all over the place… she has 2x more energy than i do
she is starting to find bad news very hard so
God help me to commit to not spill all every moment that goes on in my head

2 Likes

I’m sorry. That must be really hard. :broken_heart:

1 Like

My dad is in his 70s and this summer got in a really bad motorcycle accident. He still hasn’t fully recovered and it’s gotten to the point that they’re not sure he ever will. His mind is also starting to go, which is a hard thing to see. Here’s started holding long conversations with scammers and it takes him way too long to realize that it’s a scam. Pretty scary.

2 Likes

My mum was hit by a car just stepping off the curb 2 springs ago
been in pain ever since… walks almost normally then does too much and ends up hobbling
she survived a further injury to her chest, a deep vein thrombosis, and pulmonary embolism because of inactivity after the second accident.

Really feel for you LED, so similar but i hope he keeps his marbles. People usually just get doddery - it might not be anything more than that. Give him as much warning and terror stories about scammers as you can
he does not need that!

2 Likes

I don’t really talk to my parents. My sister would keep me updated on the important things when she was living with me, though.

My dad was 56 when he passed away in September. I didn’t get much time with him especially the last year of his life. I always knew my dad was sick but he was my dad I thought he could live forever

3 Likes

My dad is 89. He lives in Charlotte . It will be very difficult for me to get to his funeral when he dies . It’s a source of great anxiety and guilt for me .

2 Likes