Parents have gotten old 😔

My mom is 58. She too struggles with the same mental illness but with no medication. She is tough, she takes good care of me. I’m trying my best to return the favour. I took her on a couple of family trips in the past couple of years and she had a lot of fun, she wants to go back. I’m just focusing on making rest of her life as enjoyable as possible. I love her :heart:

1 Like

My parents are in their 60’s and doing really well.

Very full family and social lives.

Talk to them everyday.

My mother in law, however, is falling apart.

We just started dialysis for her yesterday.

2 Likes

I’m 75. My parents have both passed on. They were 86 and 90. Keep in touch is my advice to you because, even if you fight, you will miss them when they are gone.
I’ll be leaving no one behind when I die. My biggest worry is whether of not I’ll be able to adjust to any change in my present living situation (adult foster care). I’ve been here 15 years.

3 Likes

@Toshiko and @LED
I miss my parents but have a great stepmom.
@cbbrown
I’m so sorry for your loss.

Sending hugs TO EVERYONE! :hugs:

4 Likes

How did it go? How are you doing? Her?

You’re so strong! You are superman! :blush:

1 Like

To anyone who I didnt name by name, I’m sorry… anxious today…

I’ve HONESTLY grown to care about you all!

2 Likes

I am almost 60 and both of my parents have gotten dead.

You know, I wish my paternal grandfather lived longer. He was taken from us at a young age. My father was left to raise his younger and older siblings as an eldest son. My grandmother abandoned her children and left when my grandfather died of myocardial infraction (dilated cardiomyopathy).

He died of a familial heart condition that I’ve inherited. My father is 53 and my mother is 51.

I would be devastated if they die…but surely, if I die earlier, I know that they will be devastated also.

My paternal grandfather died of leukaemia when I was 2. My maternal grandmother died of thrombosis a few days before my 5th birthday. My maternal grandfather I never knew although an on line search of Scottish records showed he died in 1988.

My parents are still pretty young, but my dad, 58, has had a stroke a while back and it definitely changed him. He looks older and even though he’s active, he’s slower and more careful of what he does. He just isn’t the same after the stroke. :pensive:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.