Our 14 year old 8th grade just announced today that

She has her first boyfriend. After asking questions we learn he is 18, already graduated high school, he works full time, and needless to say we are not thrilled. We saw pics of him on her phone and one pic shows a hat with a marijuana leaf on it. She met him while at a girlfriend’s house. Ugh! The joys of parenting a teen! She’s really upset that she’s not allowed to go on dates with him. But what is she thinking?! Why would she think we’d be ok with that? Her mom doesn’t know yet but we’re going to tell her tonight. (I’m step mom)

3 Likes

Oh heck no is she going out with that boy! That all is just a huge red flag

5 Likes

That’s super-young for an already-graduated 18 year old…

5 Likes

I know! What is she thinking?! What is he thinking. If he touched her he would go to prison! Idiot!

6 Likes

Yeah. Unacceptable!

1 Like

When I was 18 a 14 year old gal had a crush on me, I never dated her though, felt she was to young and I was into parties and drinking back then, Would be a nightmare if he got into that sort of life style at her age, hopefully she does not fight you on this.

1 Like

She’s pretty upset, but she has 3 parents who all keep an eye on her. It should end up ok. I mean she could fight us but in the end I think this will blow over. Well, I hope at least.

3 Likes

Something is wrong with the guy, when I was an 18 year old I was chasing after 30-40yo married women. Seems kinda fishy he’s after someone so much younger.

At that age 4 years is huge discrepancy on emotional levels, insight, intelligence.

Nope nope nope, predator alert

3 Likes

yeah thats not cool 14 is way too young for an 18 year old, the guy can get in alot of trouble being that much older and idk what hes thinking because to me (im 19) 14 year olds are like kids and are on a different planet mentally when it comes to relationships or any of the things older people get into

2 Likes

I would say it’s alright, just as long as a closeful eye is kept on both of them; but after reading the above quote I say;

giphy-5

I completely agree @cigarino

1 Like

You need to have a serious talk with her about a lot of things, one of the most important is what she thinks this guy would do if she got pregnant. Ask her if she really thinks this guy would stick by her. If she says yes don’t believe her.

3 Likes

If he gets her pregnant he’s going to prison. She should think about that too

3 Likes

Yes! Exactly ………… 15

1 Like

my sister had a long relationship with a smack addict 26 year old when she was 14

the crazy in our family somehow only my mum saw it was wrong but didn’t want to strain us out so much that we would start lying and she would lose being on side with us.

to us he was cool and we all hung around together
injected heroin into her arm when she was age 14 as well

That’s really sad actually. How is your sister now?

1 Like

she started to have acute schizophrenia around that age too… then spent 12 years deteriorating with no real lucid full days.
All that happened was her illness got worse
she was 2 yrs in patient and went for a walk age 25 trying to hitchhike to london and was hit by a car and killed
18 years ago

in 5 years i’ll be twice her age

MY neighbors daughter worked for me at the print shop, knew her since she was born, she was 16 and was starting to date some 26 year old. I sat her down and explained why she was in way over her head and left it at that, the next day she came in and said I was right and told the guy she was not interested, shocked the hell out of me, when he called the shop for her, cause he seem to not want to take no for answer I explained she was 16 and I needed his address for the police report, he quit calling

8 Likes

Smart thinking @Mountainman! I love that you asked for his address to report to police! You rock!

2 Likes