One question for those who see worst outcome on every future prediction

İs this a positive symptom like paranoia?i mean i always predict worst outcome on every future prediction.is this related to positive symptoms

1 Like

No, i don’t think it is particularly a SZ symptom. I think a lot of people have it in degrees. I have it for sure.

If you predict the worst, you won’t be disappointed, you are ready for it. If you hope for the best, it’s easier to get disappointed.

I have a very important appointment with a rehab centre and i think the worst will happen and in that case i have all ready made a plan, im ready for the worst (but objectively i think the appointment will go well)

2 Likes

It’s called “catastrophic thinking”. I suffer from it.

4 Likes

I think a lot of us get a bit of catastrophic thinking after experiencing the unexpected experience of terrifying psychosis

2 Likes

I never thought of that @bluebutterfly . You’re right, It prepares you for disappointment. A form of self-protection

This is one of the issues covered by CBT

2 Likes

İt would be ok to think worst outcome if this not affect your will for future.but these “catastrophic thinkings” affect my will and discourage to my plans lot.so it must be a cure for this.

1 Like

Yes, a form of pessimistic self-protection, i dont what i psychologist would say about it.

Youre right @Cragger about the CBT thing. When i suffered from anxiety, my psychiatrist always said “imagine what the worst thing that can happen to you and then you will notice that its just pure imagination.”

CBT actually helped me reducing the anxiety, but it didn’t help me with the rest of the mental stuff

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. I used to have major PTSD, and it was meditation that helped me the most. But I’ve tried CBT on several occasions to help with depression, but even though I go through the act of doing the exercises, it really doesn’t change the way that I feel. Maybe I just don’t have the energy to be persistent enough

1 Like

No, i really don’t think CBT can help with depressive symptoms at all, depression is to complicated. CBT is only good for simple things like phobias.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.