Office Politics

Two co-workers don’t get along with each other. I am friendly with both.

They are both trying to stick me in the middle of their petty nonsense. I’m having none of it, though. Just putting my cap down and working hard.

But it is getting just a tad toxic, so I’m considering switching positions at the end of the month…to work a different shift… to get away from it.

I have enough real life drama at home. I don’t need it in the workplace as well. If push comes to shove, I’ll just tell both of them to get bent and be done with it.

4 Likes

I’m as friendly as the day is long, but I get my back up when I feel I’m being used as a pawn…etc.

We’ll see how this all unfolds over the next few weeks.

1 Like

Ugh, playing workplace relationship therapist is never fun. Hope you can get out of having to be their mediator because I know that can be a real drain on your mental well-being and you deserve to work in peace.

2 Likes

The kicker?

I could have both of them hauled on to the carpet for their work habits. One guy doesn’t follow strict procedure guidelines…and the other leaves an hour early each day from his shift.

But I’m no tattletale…just waiting for management to find out on their own.

2 Likes

I know this feeling well… I need to learn to stay away from it somehow but the difficulty is the office is open plan … im thinking of leaving the job …

2 Likes

When you work in a small group and you all get along, going to work can be fine.

But when one or two knobs start stirring the pot, the environment can suck.

I’m too old and seasoned though to put up with this crap. I’ll move on if I have to. I think I need a change anyways.

1 Like

I haven’t worked in an office before but I’ve found previously you be everyone’s friend but no ones patron. You just be friendly and listen but you don’t pick sides in an industrial workplace unless your getting ahead. I think your in control of this but surely you don’t move away just because other peeps are asshats. Just nod your head and smile a lot and hopefully management figures it out…

3 Likes

I’m do for a change of scenery within the company.

I can count on one hand the number of posters i didn’t get along with over the last 5 or so years on this forum…so I know it isn’t me.

I’ll move and hopefully work in a less toxic atmosphere with different employees.

1 Like

Sounds solid. You know what you’ll gain or lose but worth a throw of the dice…just realize you’ll move into another workplace politic…hopefully you win that one…

1 Like

I recently left my job because I could not deal with the toxic people.

The reason I had to leave was the most toxic person was my new line manager.

We used to have a lot of ■■■■■’s at my old work before though.

I used to antagonise them quite a bit as they were used to getting what they wanted when they wanted, but not from me

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though, office politics can really be quite stressful. If you have an amicable way out I’d take it

I left my previous job because the boss was a bully. It is a sad reality that some work places become toxic. But I’ve moved onto a new job, which has been great. Love where I am now.

I highly recommend a move if you can, you won’t know yourself.

2 Likes

My old boss was a former sorority girl and created an environment that was extremely toxic to work in.

Cattiness, bullying, snide remarks, a pecking order… It was just too much for me to handle-- especially since I was in and out of psychosis while working there.

Workplace politics can make or break careers, and can make every day seem like hell.

2 Likes

The worst thing is when your new boss starts hiring all her friends and family …

I think you have the right attitude. It’s good you aren’t letting them suck you into their toxicity.

1 Like