New person refusing meds for weight gain HEELP ME

You should see a therapist about your fear of weight gain.

5 Likes

No you can tell us, we have nothing to do all day… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is that really true, degeneration? Wait; you said untreated. I had a shrink who denied that sz was degenerative, but he meant as long as I took my meds.

3 Likes

My doctors trust me at least somewhat, even though my track record isn’t great with compliance. You need to be willing to trust the doctors are trying to help you, not hurt you or make you worse. They’re not doing this because you don’t like it. They want you to be able to recover and be at least somewhat healthy again. Mine get stern with me, but it’s out of caring. The weight gain has been negligible for the help I have been getting.

Edit: @Luisaboo101, replied to wrong person

3 Likes

@Borath yes the delusions get stronger, you lose IQ points and you become like a child and the meds are less likely to work.

1 Like

I’m In my 30s … that’s not the issues the issue is one I’m worried about weight gain and two it’s crap I should be forced into taking it , ive try to explain this to the psychatrist I didn’t even know that you could watch what you eat and lose weight I was under the impression that your body metabolism was changed due the chemical compound from the medication ,
The doctor could of informed more like the people on here has instead she just says
“ what’s wrong with weight gain “
Not very helpful really is it …
but what do you expect .!

1 Like

I am sure you are a very nice person.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll remember that.

1 Like

I do think your fear of weight gain needs to be tackled, like the others said. Have you tried one-on-one therapy?

2 Likes

Okay … so I’ve lost my IQ points thank you for that …? And you did an IQ test on me to prove that …?
I am now a child because I don’t understand how medication works because no one has explained it to me ?
Or because I don’t agree with my doctor
Or because I don’t want to take medication
Or because I disagree with been forced into treatment

Which one is it , tbh you don’t know who I am or what I am … the fact that you judge me has a person with like 10 mini text messages is very refreshing , wow

No that is something that happens after decades of untreated schizophrenia…

1 Like

No one is judging you I promise.

We just trying to find out what’s going on

4 Likes

Zombie I’ve had battle with anorexia from childhood with many hospitalisations

I can’t help it it’s runined my life I’m really petrified of weight gain all I wanna do is cry I know to some people it’s no big deal deal but to myself it’s everything

If that’s me having a low IQ then I will go outside and wip myself .!

1 Like

Oh dear, that’s what I was worried about. Battling eating disorders is tough as hell because you HAVE TO eat. I’m sorry you’ve gone through that. Do you have an appointment sometime soon if you can request a referral or a recommendation to a place to start treatment for that?

I wouldn’t take the IQ points so literally or personally. No one’s giving you a test.

I am sorry you feel this way. All I can do is give you a virtual hug but I wish I could give you more

1 Like

Regardless to therapy …

Look how do I say this … I don’t want it , I’ve never wanted it ! I’ve had all the chances in the world I was hospitalised at 9 year old for eating disorders I’m
In my 30s I have bounced in and out of hospitals most of my life ( correction all of them ) I never did therpy I wouldn’t agree or comply it may sound stupid but I can’t open up I’m afraid if I do I will cry IT SOUNDS PETHETIC but that’s it
And if I do I may never stop , and I will love k weak and ridiculous and I can’t change that barrier so I put up this wall of a rather hard nosed vile bitch
Then the psychiatrists say I’m aggressive and I’m Not .! But if they are so ■■■■ at their job and working out human behaviour then who am I to get in their way …
now if you all want to make fun or name call me or tell me I am stupid or lower IQ then whatever I don’t care ,
In regard to the SZ … apparently I thought project and I’m paranoid and many other things .! I suffer from psychosis
I don’t agree with their views and I don’t trust anyone I isolate myself I haven’t had a relationship in 8 years I’ve not left my house in 6 months o just wanna be left alone
Me and people has you see we don’t get on people hate me and I am not too fond of them

So that’s me in a nut shell … and now I’m
Been forced into treatment I try and everything goes wrong anyway what’s the point in anything idk anyway thank you for the information about the pills I will go now !

Some people are lucky and most meds work for them. If you are one of those people it may not be hard at all to find a med that causes little or no weight gain that helps you.

That’s okay if you don’t want to open up. Focusing on what is happening at the moment is what is important. You don’t have to say anything, you don’t even have to look at the therapist. A good therapist will work themselves around you and not the other way around. You can just sit there and work on making yourself comfortable and the therapist will keep seeing you.

I’m sorry my people skills currently aren’t my strongest points … im really struggling in what’s people’s real agenda and what’s my own thoughts agenda
I could be awarded a cup cake and a gold star and my own self would convince me that actually everyone hates me and that it all went bad and that I’m about to get lynched by everyone and it’s so hard when everyone is telling me that that’s not the case it’s like looking at the grass seeing it’s green and people telling you it’s pInk … I can’t describe it
I’m hearing a million records on replete so quietly all thoughts all confirming the worst and I can’t over ride it … I’m like sooooo overly sensitive I’m trying just please try and understand I don’t meqn to fly off the handle