New person refusing meds for weight gain HEELP ME

I don’t know what the ■■■■ is wrong with me I’m gona go for a coffee and cigarette I look a complete weirdo

I asked about weight gain and started ranting about i don even know

Thank you xxx

Why would you think all that?

It sounds like a normal response.

1 Like

You are a very nice person!

2 Likes

Why are u keep saying that … Arturo. …!!

1 Like

Because it’s true!

2 Likes

Haha funny …!!! Have u uploaded any video recently arturo…???

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m one who is strongly against forced treatment. It would be one thing if antipsychotics were like vitamins and actually good for your health, but no, they’re actually very dangerous to one’s health. They often cause weight gain, and much more, such as metabolic syndrome-- diabetes and cardiovascular disease. In men, they often cause erectile dysfunction. They cause cognitive impairment, brain fog, and often make the negative symptoms of schizophrenia even worse. And then there’s akathisia and tardive dyskinesia, which is why I stopped taking them. But the only way I got off forced treatment was because my parents hired a private attorney to represent me in court. The public defender they appoint in mental health court is a joke. They won’t even try to help you at all.

2 Likes

The more you try to isolate yourself and not be involved in treatment, the more they are going to get worried about you. You said you have been isolated at home for 6 months I think. How are you taking care of yourself? Are you getting groceries? Do you have income? Are you in danger of becoming homeless? Who is taking care of you?

The authorities don’t want you to starve yourself or become homeless.

If you want them less in your life, and who doesn’t, you’ve got to be able to take care of yourself. And the best way to do that is probably medication and therapy.

3 Likes

Hey I just wanted to send u a shoutout bc u sound basically like me. I used to be bulimic and if anyone told me I was gunna get fat I woulda just jumped off a cliff. It sounds so narccisistic but my excuse was that I just had really nice clothes that I wanna still use.

Here’s the low down on the meds: lots of em make u gain weight, and I literally gained 60 lbs bc I too was forcefully put on an injection of Invega. Stay away from that drug at all costs. Since August tho I got off of it and on Latuda. The trick to not gaining weight on these drugs are NO CARBS bc somehow the meds change ur insulin levels and instead of passing thru the body normally it turns it straight to fat. Seriously, I know, and it ■■■■■■■ sucks. But no carbs. U also need to exercise like every other day mildly to maintain ur weight and just to lose some lbs if u want.

AND Most importantly look up R-ALA and Antipsychotics bc it basically is a supplement that reversed the histamine effects of the ap’s that make u gain so much weight. It’s not just that some make u so hungry, some also change ur impulse control so u can barely control urself it’s ■■■■■■■ scary. Wen I hit 205 lbs I freaked out and threw up for a month to lose 15 lbs. then I got into my over exercising phase where I barely ate and did 10 miles every other day. I’m at 148 lbs now and I need to get down to my ideal of 135-140 (I’m 5’10”, and idc if it’s unrealistic I looked fine and fit my clothes well back then). Ur best bet is to take R-ala like 3x a day and also go on latuda or geodon and just put up with the side effects bc it’s the least weight positive drug. Good luck and ■■■■ ur doctors and also I know the drugs seem stupid but just push urself with this info and keep it up for like a couple months and it’ll be less like the world is so weird anymore. I actually got worse than where u were at until they forced that injection and although it made me feel like crap and get fat (seriously it’s the worst and darkest type of existence) I atleast wasn’t tormented with the illness. So now I’m fine with my weight and on Latuda. Good luck sorry for the rant I just wish I was told this ahead of time so I thought I’d save u

Wtf why have I missed this thread. Mental health number one, and fuels eating disorders like gasoline to a match! Everyone reacts differently to each med. that’s why when you see Rex info…they say weight gain/weight loss…and bulimia is like a horrifying thought…if I threw up my meds omg! Seriously, you’re new but I was on mellaril, and risperdal at same time…weight gainers but was 83 lbs…don’t read everything on the Internet. Everyone’s body is different, but if your mental health isn’t there…you’ll continue a self-destructive life. Gotta check on my dogs cuz they’re barking at something. But I’m sure you’ll see like 10 hundred gazillion posts about me saying you are not what you weigh!

Rexulti is supposed to have mild side effects. That’s at least what I heard from my own psychiatrist.

1 Like

Rexulti has been good for me. It allowed me to lose weight and was one of 2 drugs out of probably at least a dozen tried that had any effect on my auditory hallucinations.

Also on perphenazine I was the lightest I’d ever been.
I have no idea how effective it is for someone who isn’t treatment resistant.

She needs a therapist. Her issues are rooted too deep for so many people here who haven’t fought eating disorder battles. It’s an irrational disease and kills

1 Like

I feel for you. having an eating disorder and psychosis with some weight gaining meds is a minefield.

Hopefully you can get into therapy for the ED, but psychosis untreated can be very dangerous. You might not even gain weight. If you can at all, take the antipsychotics, because you can do harm to yourself and harm to others if psychotic.

In this acute stage you can take them maybe? And once feeling more stable get to work in therapy on your eating disorder?

Hugs, I feel for you going through this dichotomy.

1 Like