New diagnosis, Diabetes

Just got the news today I have diabetes, this really sucks because my mother died from complications from diabetes when she was 67 years old. I’m blaming the pych meds for this problem. Now I don’t know what I’m going to do.

4 Likes

sorry to hear you got diabetes =(

1 Like

Just follow the doctors instructions. Take your diabetes meds everyday.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry. Eat right. Exercise. Take the medicine they prescribe. You can fight diabetes.

3 Likes

I was diagnosed with diabetes not that long ago. It’s not exactly a death sentence. And you might be able to reverse it with diet and exercise.

2 Likes

I totally agree with @everhopeful
It’s important to follow through with your doctor and take meds as prescribed

3 Likes

I have diabetes and I try to eat sensibly and I take my Metformin everyday.

I’ll also test my blood sugar levels from time to time.

2 Likes

My psych meds made me overweight and I developed diabetes. I had A1C’s of 8 or 9 for years, not good.

I switched AP’s, lost all my weight and now my A1C is around 6.4 which is good for a diabetic.

Just lose weight, eat mostly healthy and take your diabetes meds. I’m on Metformin and Forxiga.

I’ve been diabetic for over a decade and have had no problems from it so far.

It’s a bit of a sh*tty diagnosis but if you take care of yourself you can be just fine.

2 Likes

Thanks @Headspark

1 Like

My psych meds caused me to gain 90 pounds in a year. I also was diagnosed with diabetes. I required two different diabetes meds to control it.

I switched my AP, and started dieting and exercising and not only lost all the weight, but I reversed my diabetes, my high lipids, high cholesterol and blood pressure all back to normal range. It’s possible.

2 Likes

Thanks @CoCo 1515

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.