Neighbors raising my paranoia

A couple hours ago, when I was in bed, someone bumped into the door to my apartment, then seconds later there was a knocking on my door. I didn’t answer it, just let them go away. I was naked in bed, anyway. They were probably some drunk who was going to apologize for bumping into my door or something. It freaked me out at the time, though.

Then just ten or fifteen minutes ago someone came walking by my living room window with their phone’s flashlight pointed at the window. Wtf?

The psychiatrist at the hospital said it isn’t really paranoia; he said I was having legitimate fears, based on the neighborhood. I suppose it’s not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

2 Likes

That’s scary. How are things going now? I used to live in a house and people would sit on the couch on the porch outside my room. I can relate to your fear.

1 Like

I used to hate days that thing would happen that increased my paranoia. why did I have to see whatever that day, drove me nuts

2 Likes

Other than this kind of stuff, I suppose things are going okay. The Cymbalta the hospital psychiatrist put me on is helping with both my depression and my chronic back pain, so that’s a good thing.

Yeah, I would find it very scary if strangers were sitting on a couch outside my bedroom like that.

1 Like

Oh mate - Been there and hate it. I used to get drunks knocking on my bedroom windows when i was in a ground floor flat trying to get in the block. Thankfully i moved to a first floor flat with a communal front door , so if someone knocks on mine i know its just a neighbour (there all elderly so its peaceful). I also disconnected my door buzzer on the entry phone - so now i dont hear them anyway! The only person i let in my flat is my carer and social worker - and they got keys! Its horrible how it plays on your mind…

1 Like

Yeah, my apartment is on the ground floor. I occasionally get people banging on my windows, trying to get into the building. There have been times I’ve been woken up by it; I just ignore it until they go away. I’ve been living here over five years now; I’m stuck here.

1 Like

Sounds horrible :frowning: you should move to Minnesota. We don’t have neighborhoods like that

Everyone here just hates each other and is high strung. But we pretend to be nice…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.