My schizophrenia

I have this to where it seems that all my thoughts are coming from the voices and I have no thoughts of my own the voices conferm this and say I have no mind and the test that I was going though is done and iam just gonna get tortured for ever after death and the only one that’s going to happen to cuz I couldn’t quit cigs that’s the only reason they say. I am still smoking not cuz iam weak like they say but becouse I like them even though they say they disconnected brain matter and now I cant feel the nicotine but strangely still get relief from them

2 Likes

There’s been research that says nicotine can help people with ptsd and schizophrenia…sorry don’t have the link.

no change @Jesse25 after that great thread yo had? Can you believe the opposite of what they say because you know they are wrong. Do self talk and contradict them when they speak this because they are your thoughts. I feel the same way and I fight that they are always trying to be me before I can. They are ( my thoughts) pretty weird sometimes but don’t follow that. Follow the sensible stuff. Because you are a believer and me too. Trying to help.

There is no hope - just found out that I have treatment resistant schizophrenia, and that I had been treated with clozapine in hospital, but it induced myocarditis, so they had to stop the treatment.
Looks like my fate will be entirely decided by what my schizophrenia plans to do with me.

1 Like

I’m also unable to take medication. Some have caused me seizures among other things. It doesn’t mean your life is over. Despite the lack of medication, I’m working, I am a mother, I have a partner, and I even have a couple friends. Learning to live in multiple worlds at once is a struggle. Although, I tend to believe in the voices and the things that I see, I try to act in ways which will help me adjust to society. For example, I don’t talk to much to most people about what I see, feel, hear and such. It can negatively impact my relationships. Also I let people know that I suffer from mental illness that way its not a surprise when I’m having a rough day. I write a lot, and think about who I want to be. I make goals and keep them. Physical activity can help clear the mind. So what if I see or hear something? So what if people are watching me? Maybe I’m special, in a good way. So what if I’m some television show? Let’s make it funny. I guess that’s how I get through it…without meds.

2 Likes

Thats amazing you can go at it without meds. I’m forced hospitalized every time I’ve tried lol

1 Like

I’ll be honest…it’s happened a lot of times :wink: Just kept trying. It’s been almost two years since my last hospitalization and we have an action plan set up in case it happens again. (Crossing my fingers)

1 Like

How often is your hallucinations? It is very amazing that you can go without med. Does it get worse over time?

I like to think about schizophrenia as becoming a shaman. I must learn the stories from the other side and record them. That’s why I write, but I can’t neglect my own needs as a person while doing so because it will effect the quality of my work. I set times aside for my visions, where I concentrate on the ideas I hear, usually right before bed. It becomes the dreams I have at night. In the morning I focus on my daily activities that are non-shaman related. It was about finding balance for me. It’s kind of outside the scope of what most people talk about because many have negative visions and want them to go away. I actually like mine, they help me understand my world. Dreaming while awake is pretty awesome.

1 Like

The voices cheer “Hurray, that’s because it’s a spiritual thing (a condition of the consciousness), not a brain disease, and you’ll be tortured after death forever”

What a sick thing.

1 Like

I found out that I was done electroconvulsive therapy as a part of the treatment attempts. That can explain one of the strange “symptoms” I have - loss of memory.

Thanks for that

1 Like

I have this to 1515

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.