My opinion on Schizophrenia best treatment

1. Anti psychotics.

2. From the internet…

===========>>> (1) VITAMINS:

Vitamin B-3:
3 - 6g daily, in 3 doses, after meals. Normal does is 3 - 4.5g daily. [Dose can be increased to 30g]
Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine):
Under 1,000mg/day. [Do not exceed 2,000 mg/day]
Vitamin C:
3g./day, or more
Folic Acid & Vitamin B-12:
Large doses preferable
Omega-3 EFAs (e.g. Fish Oil):
3 - 9 x 1,000mg. capsules/day

<<<=========================

jungcircle com / schiznatural htm

I just felt the need to add:

1. learn to be as independent as possible, and have some sort of support you know you can count on when you need some help. Being independent improves self-esteem that can’t be taken away by others.

2. learn as much about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, limits and abilities to be able know when you need help, then learn to ask for it in a way that helps everybody involved.

3. Accept your current situation not as the way it will always be, but rather as a phase that can and will change (for better or worse) a lot depending on your attitude and resiliency. We are not the same person from birth to death, we change gradually, over time as all the accumulated events in our head make us think that’s who we are, instead of who we want to be.

I don’t take vitamins, they always give me a sharp headache the next morning.

6 Likes
      Final advice - Discard all previous posts of ignorance. My 

cheapest final line of vitamin treatment along with Olanzapine 20 mg
every night.

One: Olanzapine 20 mg every night.

Two:

Vitamin B-3 (Niacin): 1.5 grams thrice daily

Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine): 100 mg once daily

Vitamin C: 1 gram twice daily

Folic Acid: 5 mg daily

Vitamin B-12: 1000 mcg

Omega-3 EFAs (e.g. Fish Oil): 4 x 1,000mg. capsules/day
uko

Not final advice,
just some info,
Americans have the “richest” pee-pee in the world!

What the body don’t use, gets pee’d out.
Vitamins are great if you don’t eat a viariety of foods, but what a waste of money if you eat right.
Some can be down right dangerous if you get too much.

1 Like

For me acceptance has changed my world.

That post was including information from some old book published in 1999 - so its really old information. Lots of new research in the past 15 years.

We’ve had a scientist review the science on many of these supplements. There is a little bit of support for some of the B-vitamins, but its not a huge help the research suggests. You can read our summary here:

Vitamin C - likely no impact - no supporting evidence that I"m aware of.

Omega 3 vitamins - research suggests that this could be helpful during childhood to reduce risk of schizophrenia later in life - but very little support for the idea that it helps once you have schizophrenia.

Other supplements that have evidence behind them as being likely more effective than the ones suggested:

Sarcosine

N-Acetyl Cysteine

D-serine

Melatonin

D-Alanine

Choline during Pregnancy (and before) to prevent Schizophrenia in Offspring:

1 Like