My old pdoc resign from hospital and i m nervous about new pdoc

Anyone relate or has similar experience?

1 Like

i would be nervous too…

1 Like

Have you experience similar situation?did you blind pick your new pdoc

I like my pdoc. She’s sensible and not too pushy and doesn’t make me change a bunch. I would be nervous too. You never know what’s going to happen with a new one.

2 Likes

i didn’t get to get a new pdoc yet. When i got out of first psych ward they advised me about a pdoc but she wasn’t working there anymore so i ended up with my current pdoc. He then later went to a private practice but i could go along to his new practice so i got lucky.

1 Like

Yes exactly @leafy .because my old pdoc never really work on me.he just give prescription good to go behaviour.new pdoc seem like wise and professional doctor and i m worried about find new diagnoses on me

Yes my old pdoc also got private practice.should i go with him.am i allowed to this?

My pdoc who diagnosed my SzA was going to retire soon. She dropped down to 2 days per week, only half days. It was extremely difficult to get an appointment with her without having to wait 2 months.

I couldn’t do that anymore, I couldn’t risk keeping her as my pdoc when it was so hard to get in to see her.

So, I started to try to find a new pdoc. The first one I went to was a total douche. He was incredibly rude, insensitive, and just downright unprofessional. I was so upset that I cried, afterward. My husband was present for that appointment and even he was surprised by how much that pdoc sucked.

I kept looking and I found my current pdoc! She is THE BEST. She is so good. She is caring, knowledgeable, and empathetic. I love that she is my pdoc.

So, don’t worry too much. I’m sure you can find another good pdoc who is a good fit for you. :relaxed: You might not find the right one on the first try, but you will find them. Don’t worry. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you @Blossom .as a sz patient am i allowed to go private pdoc.i mean my country getting similar mental health system as usa and i m not sure in usa sz patient going private pdoc or not.

My pdoc of 17 years retired and it took 6 months to replace him

1 Like

My old doc cared so much so that he said before hand to my Dad, I am getting dependent on him. But I was not worried after I met my new doc, he is also cool.

1 Like

Are you saying you’re outside the USA? If so, I am not sure what the process would be for you. I am in the USA and I am able to go to whichever pdoc I want, as long as they are covered by my insurance plan.

Some people in the USA are on Medicaid or Medicare and are more limited on who they can see for their pdoc.

I am not sure about your specific circumstances, but maybe you could call the hospital that your pdoc resigned from and ask them how you could possibly find a new pdoc? Maybe they could give you good advice on how to start the process. :slight_smile:

1 Like

İf i don t have community treatment order or anything prohibit me can i go for private p doc?its look like you guys are going hospital by restriction?i mean mental health team and such things are not private right?

I never picked a pdoc, they were always assigned to me. I’ve had a several over the years. Some I didn’t like and one I didn’t get along with so I was assigned a different pdoc, my current pdoc is pretty good, I get along with him fine.

My gp have always been pretty cool. My original one was my mom’s doctor, then he retired and another doctor took over his practice so I stuck with him, then he retired and another doctor took over his practice and I am with him. He is pretty good too, we get along.

1 Like

Here a private pdoc is £300 per hour/session

No they’re state run and terrible

1 Like

So you guys using the state service by voluntarily .i mean you guys use private service if you guys want to.am i right? İ am asking this because my country taking similar mental health system law as uk and usa asap

It’s voluntary in a sense, but I cannot discharge myself as they think my ‘illness’ prevents me from making that decision, so they keep me under their care despite me wanting them to leave me alone

We can go private, but it’s expensive

1 Like

İn my country state services are horrible and private services relatively affordable and safe.that why i want to use private services

I would in that instance, but it’s unaffordable here to have private pdoc

My mortgage is £450 a month, and a 1 hour session with a pdoc would be around £300!

1 Like

Yes thats crazy price.its equal to my monthly salary which is roughly 400 £.in here in turkey private sessions are 50£