My mom and her hatred

my mom always hated me and now i am tired of loving for nothing.

she even used to encourage violence on me.

to her it was funny.

i ain’t going to bother to love her no more. i am not a machine.

judy

4 Likes

Never easy. I think it’s not so bad to get rid of toxic people in your life and sadly family certainly can be that!

Keep your options open though! Have some friends somewhere because that can be a difference to your mental health! Sad your mum can’t be part of that but don’t look back!

1 Like

I never understood those folks who say, ’ I don’t like children’.

I love children. They’re full of unbridled energy, curiosity, wonder…etc. There’s no caffeine, drugs, alcohol…no hatred, bigotry or racism.

To me, anybody who says this must ultimately only loathe themselves. I’m sorry your mother didn’t have the caring instincts while raising you, @ifeelblessed. The best you can do, is to try not to make the same mistakes your own parents made while raising your own kids.

2 Likes

I feel ya. My mother never hated me, I don’t think, but she surely never liked me. I’ve been trying to cut her out, and have successfully done so once, for years. But there’s always a small part of me that wants to keep giving her chances because I just want a mom that I can rely on, that I can talk to when things go to ■■■■, that isn’t going to hang up on me when I become annoying to her. Ugh. But that’s just who she is.

2 Likes

thanks much for your understanding. LED i know exactly what you mean. i had a grandma who was great to me. it’s her i miss and her love.

it’s a blind alley looking for love from my mom.

judy

3 Likes

I’m sad for you judy. I wish you had unconditional love from your mom, that’s how it should have been. But it’s good you can see it never was and never will be and save your precious energy for other things. I wish you lots of love.

1 Like

my grandma was so gentle and kind and loving and accepting of me. she was a truly beautiful person.

judy

1 Like

My wife’s mother only likes children when they’re old enough to drink a martini.

3 Likes

My mum hated me too. She hates herself so then she took it out on me. We are working on improving things. She is so depressed it really makes me feel sad.

1 Like

I traveled with my beau before we got married…partied…got it all out of our system in our 20’s.

So the two of us have no regrets when it comes to having the kids. We had our fun, now it’s their turn.

It’s like a relay race…you pass the baton on to the next generation, and hope they enjoy a fulfilling life and pass on their own life lessons to their own children.

2 Likes

i am calming down now. maybe she really cares. maybe she loves me like she loves my bros. and sister. maybe I am reading into things.

it is really hard with the memories I have somehow. so much illness for so long. I hope I am not looking whom to blame…

judy

That’s really smart.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.