My meds steal half of my life

after investigating where my time go
i found half of my time go to sleep about 12 hr sleep :grimacing: :grimacing:
thats becoz meds 's effect you may notice that too
anyone stopped this effect in his life ??

How many hours would you like to sleep? 8 ? If so meds are only stealing 4/24 i.e. 1/6th of your life.

2 Likes

8 hrs is good
more than that make lazy

2 Likes

I sleep 12 or 13 hours everyday.
And I nap at noon

1 Like

I changed meds and don’t have that problem anymore.

You need to do some research and find one that suits you

1 Like

When the 12 hour effect wears off (and it’s likely to some day) accept the lesser amount of sleep well (as long as you can still sleep period) and don’t ask for more meds.

1 Like

I sleep a normal amount i think - around 8 hours or so. Sometimes more, sometimes less. However, once i’m up, i’m up. I think the antidepressants i take are more stimulating, so it gets me going for the day. After i take my antipsychotics at night, though, i’m off to sleep from which it takes an awful lot for me to awaken.

1 Like

When I started meds 3 month ago I was sleeping 9-10 hours a day which is more then normal.Now I will try to purposely spend A little more time before I fall asleep,just 9 hours before I wake up

1 Like

What do you take and dont cause oversleep?

I had this problem for years. No med or dosage adjustment ever did anything for me to stop this. After taking fish oil for a long time it finally went away. Taking at least 2000mg a day.

1 Like

Amisulpride at the moment. Latuda was also good for not sleeping in too much. Haldol was as well, but that just made me feel weird during the day

1 Like

I find that naturally I need 11-12 hours of sleep to function at my best. This was true even when I was off meds. I dream vividly and often constantly during this time. I spend literally half my life in my dreams. Crazy.

Maybe you can find a med that is less sedating. Either that or get to liking coffee!!

2 Likes

Exercise. It’s hard to do with on motivation but the more you do increases that motivation.

I’ve gone from sleeping 10 hours a day to 8 or less which is normal with doing no changes but exercise. It also fights weight gain and things like self esteem. It can be addictive in itself as a good thing…

Still. See your gp before starting and get your basics like heart rate and blood pressure checked. That is sensible policy and you’ve nothing to lose. It costs you very little and it’s a lot to gain.

1 Like

I’m trying out Belsomra for sleep now, I’m starting week 2 as of 9pm last night. Doesn’t do anything. I’ve been on all the RX sleeping pills, none knock me out. This was the last one for me to try, she has me on 10mg, but my insurance won’t pay for more a month cause she wanted to double it to 20mg after the first 3 days of not a damn thing. And I’ve done the naturals, don’t drink caffeine, etc. Tried CBD oil. I used to drink Nyquil in high school to try to sleep. Basically we’re gonna look at off label RX for sleep. Some of it might be my resting heart rate is 117, blood pressure runs 150/100 a lot, but my reg doc can’t get me in till April. Won’t write for blood pressure meds I was on before and had to stop cause my kidneys shut down. Blood pressure is also very high cause of pain, I know it’s high, but I’m safe don’t worry. Chronic unmanaged pain ups it immensely, otherwise on meds it was pretty low blood pressure, they had trouble controlling cause my heart is not in good shape. Enlarged and i need a valve replaced which they keep putting off, cause I was on the APs at the time and they were trying to weigh benefits vs necessity.

1 Like

Yes it’s so true that meds use up a lot of ur time doing nothing. For me.

I look to the positive and aim to do one thing per day til I get a job.

Today I’m going on a day trip with my brother so that will be my thing for the day.

I don’t want these days to go to COMPLETE waste that’s why I need to feel some sort of achievement not just the fact I’m losing weight cos I am overwheight but on a diet

1 Like