My ex's bad health

My ex gf had a physical yesterday and found out she’s in poor health. She’s 57 years old and a lifetime smoker that can’t seem to quit. She found out yesterday that she’s pre diabetic, has borderline hypertension, has stage 3 kidney disease, has kidney stones, and has occult blood in her urine, which could mean anything from kidney stones to kidney failure to bladder cancer. She was told to quit both smoking and soda pop, and to start walking. I’m praying for her.

2 Likes

Hope she gets out of this rut. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

I also advised her to stop taking so much ibuprofen for her daily headaches. That stuffs nephrotoxic.

And to top it all off, I had my own physical today and everything came up roses. I’m in perfect health.

3 Likes

Thanks. 1515151515

1 Like

Has she ever tried nicotine replacement? It took me four and a half years of the nicotine lozenge to get free from the nicotine cycle. But eventually it worked

3 Likes

Hi- a physically ill person here. Maintaining a good diet is highly crucial, especially if you are sick.
Also, seeing a doctor regularly will help to monitor her sugar levels as well as hypertension. Hypertension can be very dangerous so hopefully she will be able to recover soon.
If you need to talk to someone, feel free to deop me a msg!

1 Like

You could also mention that if she takes too much ibuprofen, it’ll start to generate more headaches.

1 Like

All my blood tests came back ok this time. But naturally I still wonder if there’s something wrong. I hope that your ex can get the proper treatment she needs. At least now she knows there’s something wrong.

2 Likes

I smoked, and smoked a lot, for many years. Sincerely, I could not stop. But I am stopped now! I’m trying to protect my quit.

It is really tough to watch someone who doesn’t stop their addiction.

Jayster

1 Like

Yes she’s tried them. Doesn’t seem to work for her. Every time she has anxiety or stress she hits a roadblock.

Thanks @anon10648258.

I’ve been thinking about the lozenges myself. Did it do anything to your teeth?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.