I just smoked my last cigarette

I put on a patch. My ex is finally quitting. It seems like this time he’s actually going to do it. I really pray for his sake it’s true. And for mine. I think I’ll just have to be strong and say no to the cigarettes whether he goes back to them or not. My breathing is bad, my asthma is flared up. If I don’t smoke I don’t ever need to use my inhaler, when I smoke I have to use it all the time. When I don’t smoke, I don’t cough. When I smoke, I have a nasty hack. It’s just best for me to be strong now for both of us. I have to do it. Wish me luck.

22 Likes

Best of luck :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Pick what works for you.

I used the lozenge, and was hooked on them for 3.5 years. But WAY better than smoking.

I would also start exercising, just not right away. I succeed at giving up habits when I replace them with healthier ones.

Congrats! You will no longer smell like an ash tray! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I know quiting smoking isn’t easy. But I wish you have the will power to do it. Maybe you should consider quiting it gradually.

1 Like

Good luck @Leaf
You can do this!

2 Likes

Good luck! I hope you manage to quit. Personally I don’t think i’d be able to quit. My sister managed to stop from one day onto the other.

1 Like

Good luck @Leaf

1 Like

You got this @Leaf! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Best wishes my foliage friend! You can do it!

2 Likes

I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Thank you @everhopeful @anon99082702 @green5 @Wave @lekkerhondje @Bowens @Schztuna @Ooorgle and @Vuldarz

4 Likes

You got this! You can do it! Just keep trying and don’t give up. I quit smoking. I feel much better now

1 Like

I feel pretty good considering. Thanks ladybug!

1 Like

You make me jealous. Not for a cigarette, I gave those up years ago. But for the idea of going vape and nicotine free. I wish I had your drive to quit. I’m jealous of your will, and resilience.

You got this! Keep up the good fight!

2 Likes

Oh honey, don’t be jealous. I’m not nicotine free. I have a patch on and lozenges at the ready for any freak out attack. lol, I love you though.

2 Likes

Best of luck, it may be difficult at times but I think it’s worth it.

1 Like

Don’t give up. It may take a while but I know you can make it hugs

1 Like

Good luck. It’s not easy but just take it a day at time.

1 Like

Good luck, you got this!

1 Like

You got this, @Leaf! Just take it one craving at a time and don’t give up. It’s hard to do but lots of people manage. There’s no reason you can’t do the same.

1 Like