May 2017 31 Day Diet/Exercise Challenge

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/watch/ask-trainer-losing-weight/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=momentum

https://www.realsimple.com/health/preventative-health/how-feel-better/getting-healthier
Edited: Cause I didn’t link it to the beginning of the slide show.

4 Likes

I have never follow your diet and exercise challenge but I appreciate your perseverance in doing it and diligence in promoting it.

:thought_balloon: I think I will start my diet challenge by drinking more plain water and less flavored beverages.

3 Likes

Awesome plan @Zoom.

When I cheat on drinking plain water, I often reach for flavored seltzer or 0 calorie drink mixes like Mio.

I’m trying to cut back on sugar and creamer in my coffee. I can drink tea black but coffee is another story. So far my taste buds are telling me “no way! not fair!”

3 Likes

I don’t like bitter coffee either.

Let’s start together, Skims.

2 Likes

well i exercised yesterday and coincidentally woke up with a very very bad back. guess i forgot to stretch.

i’m going to try to walk 1.5 hours in the next 2 days.

1 Like

started may 1st and i think i started a bit to strongly
running in the morning on an empty stomach later in the day light exercises and yoga
and for diet i was just trying to eat less of everything

yesterday i had to pause cause i was feeling exhausted and sleepy all day
i will continue tomorrow however
at least thats what im expecting of myself but we will see

i have about 35kg to loose (i think its ~double of that in pounds)
a lot i know
olanzapine and quitting cigarettes are to blame
and me not having any life whatsoever :blush:

2 Likes

Haven’t exercised since last Saturday but I plan to go after work tonight. Cardio and leg weights.

i never do legs only buttocks :smiley:

2 Likes

@kuckuckuc Keep up the good work!!

Yes I think the conversion to lbs is kg x 2.2

2 Likes

I’d like to start the workout called Strong Curves. It seems to be butt exercises mostly with some whole body ones.

1 Like

thanks @Skims will do my best with this motivation i have these days
checking my weight every monday btw
so curious how successful this week was

but it surely feels good to take care of yourself

1 Like

the dieting part is easy for me as I have been dieting for a while now but the exercising is gonna be kinda hard as the only way I can exercise is going to the gym or walking or riding a bike on a trail with no people which gets creepy at times being on a long trail by yourself and anyone can pop out from the trees but it should be easier to exercise once I get my treadmill from my gma’s house

1 Like

Treadmills are great for those days when you are not up to facing the world or seeing/interacting with other people. But sometimes it is good to push yourself out of your comfort zone and head outside to the trails or gym.

2 Likes

flash flood today, and i ran out of food. i was considering staying in and ordering expensive fast food, but I hadn’t ordered fast food since 4/7. almost a month! so i walked (for 30 minutes) to the store and bought groceries. being physically active, saving money, and eating healthier!

1 Like

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/67-science-backed-weight-loss-strategies/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly20170508

I’m trying to learn to do:

1. Freeze what you won’t be serving

2. Grab a handful — not the whole bag. I’ve been using snack bags and weighing out portions of stuff like dried fruits and nuts.

3. I should revisit Chew minty gum.

4. Photograph your food looks like an interesting idea.

1 Like

lol i was just about to post in this thread too. i took a 30-minute walk. was very refreshing. came back and realized that i’ve been viewing things quite negative lately and overlooking the positives.

1 Like

I just can’t stop the munchies! Gobstoppers, Milk Duds, and Nerds!

I haven’t had a drink since last Sunday, but am now overeating to compensate for my anxieties.

Its going to rain again today so I need to do a workout video or get on the treadmill.

1 Like

I’m in trouble with my diet. I was sleeping 12 hours now I’m only sleeping 8-9 hours (which is good) but the extra hours I’m awake means more time for extra calories. I’m really struggling with my calories now.

1 Like

@everhopeful, me too! I’m sleeping 9-10 instead of the 12-14 I used to get. So I’m also eating more and struggling to stop overeating throughout the day.

2 Likes

I’ve managed to eat a whole bag of Fritos in two and a half days, and not much else.
er, not very good.
Today I’m starting fresh and will eat a little fruit and some toast, and take my behind outside for a walk along the creek trail.

1 Like