30-day June 2017 Diet & Exercise Thread

my diet is cheeseburgers and pizza. it’s going good. no, just kidding. i’ve been doing good exercise-wise, at least. been doing all my walking and muscle strengthening. i haven’t got fast food in months.

4 Likes

I stopped eating meat. I feel less weighed down after eating now.

I like refried beans the most and black tea.

1 Like

today i was in dunes, starting exercise tommorow

2 Likes

Thanks @sirBoring for doing this thread this month. It seems to help keep me accountable to post every few days about what I’m up to.

I started the month off strong. Last week I did 27 miles of exercise, either walking and jogging.

Then bam since Monday I’ve lost all motivation. Can’t believe I broke my streak of exercising 30 minutes every day. At first I used the excuse of so much rain lately… but I could have went to the gym. Haven’t been there in 3 weeks, just working out at home. I might not renew the membership to the gym but when I go I do like the variety of classes plus there is the pool if I am every up for that again.

1 Like

Over did it yesterday. Jogged 5 miles, walked 4 more during the course of the day. And we spent the whole afternoon kayaking. I’m so exhausted yet can’t sleep tonight.

1 Like

Some people would say my diet is unhealthy because I eat a lot of processed meat. I get a lot of protein, though. I’m trying to eat more fresh fruit.

2 Likes

my record so far: Post a picture, new or old!

1 Like

over-napped. nearly missed out on my chance to walk. rushed outside and started raining. forgot to check weather. the one day i forget to check the weather, and it rains! had to return and get coat. overall, bad day; but at least i did my half-hour walk.

1 Like

i need to do the last bit of muscle strengthening tomorrow, my last chance. i usually do muscle strengthening days at the beginning of the week, but it was so hot without a fan…

diet-wise, i’m doing… meh. i’m trying to make my food last longer, so i’m eating a lot of tasteless boring foods that tend to be healthier than what i was eating before

1 Like

I actually started exercising two weeks ago for the first time im months. I actually do feel better mentally because of it.

1 Like

I did 1 day of exercise last week :frowning: IDK where my drive and motivation went.

I’ve been doing pretty good with my calories.

The weather is not helping, its so hot and muggy with rain today.

I think the stupid Lithium is sapping me. Abilify has energized me, but the pdoc decided I was too energetic. Its hard not to think he’s ■■■■■■■ with me by keeping me down. Plus I downloaded a weight app and have been weighing everyday to see the trend. I think I’ve gained another 3 lbs.

I’m going to a homecoming party today for someone visiting from out west. Going to do my best to eat normal portions and not overdo it. Also try for at least 1 lap around the block.

This morning’s research:

http://www.prevention.com/food/8-weight-loss-secrets-from-nutritionists

• Nix the alcohol, beer and wine

• Drink 2 glasses of ice cold water before meals

“Three 24-oz servings of ice cold water per day will help you burn an extra 100 calories,” says Dulan (the ice cold beverage prompts your body to expend energy maintaining a 98.6-degree temperature).

• Drink green tea

• Ask for a script for Topiramate, Contrave or Metformin

• Slow down and enjoy what you are eating

• Always travel with a prepared snack or chose one of these from the gas station:

http://www.prevention.com/food/best-foods-to-buy-at-gas-station

I made a little new app yesterday:

As much as I like my voice calorie counter, I would prefer to use Myfitnesspal because it tracks Sodium pretty well. The problem with MFP is that it is sometimes slow to launch and navigate, and I would prefer entering foods by voice. So… Yesterday I created a simple voice clipboard. I keep it down in my system tray and speak foods in it when i am running around during the day and then later when I have time I copy them one-by-one into MFP. I am still experimenting with it to see if it is practical but so far I like it.

Also – The pdf manuals on here look pretty good and have a lot of useful tips:

http://www.simpleprogram.org/home

1 Like

That seems complicated. For me Mfp usually loads pretty quickly depending on if the internet is working properly. Isn’t there a voice app that types your words into programs?

Actually Google keyboard works pretty well for voice typing…I just have a Moto g4 phone which is a bit slower than Samsung’s. I use the screen widget on myfitnesspal which helps but if I am away from home I don’t have much time to enter stuff in so I want to be as zippy as possible. I have been logging my foods pretty consistently in one app or another for years now and any way I can shave off time doing it is good since it gets way too tedious after awhile. I wish MFP had a feature where it could import multiple items at once from a string… Maybe it does and I just haven’t found it yet.

1 Like

You can enter meals and recipes that log a bunch of foods at once. If you log in from internet on your phone you can checkmark a bunch of things at once. The app is kind of limited.

http://www.eatthis.com/stop-thinking-about-food

Here is a demo of my VoxClip app in action… I actually can enter things in even faster by tapping on the left hand side of the Mfp widget instead of the plus. I sent a message to the myfitnesspal company and they though it was a cool idea.