Lost my mind and gave a hobo 30 dollars

I was out having a drink with a friend (absinthe). When I walked home I came across a sleeping hobo at the train station and put 200 kroner under the cup where he collected coins… Perhaps because I was sad and wanted to get rid of this sadness, and it did give me a momentary lift.

13 Likes

I made a loaf of sandwiches for some homeless guy my voices said would be near this dumpster. I put them there. I don’t even know if the homeless guy existed.

2 Likes

That was nice. You probably made another persons week!

2 Likes

ohh i remember I made a couple whole loafs of sandwiches. my parents didnt know what the heck was going on they just kept seeing me make sandwiches lol. When I went again and he still wasnt there the voices told me to give the next loaf to people at the welfare lineup or something so I gave it to some guy that was in the lineup.

3 Likes

In an episode i donated 30 dollars to a store lol

And 20 dollars to a homless person with a child

It was my therapy and a couple days money… :frowning:

4 Likes

I’m sure it was needed. You did good. I donate money here and there. I’m really good at getting the most from my budget, so I can afford to donate.

1 Like

I had a similar situation when I was hallucinating, my family doesn’t understand sz, so they assume I’m on hard drugs, if they only knew lol

2 Likes

I was psychotic years ago, and used to leave pork pies in the phone boxes here for the homeless :smiley:

3 Likes

During my second episode, I started a charity fund raiser for great Ormond street hospital. Ended up donating about £140.00 myself.

Signed up to a charity walk.

Then finally set up a monthly donation to a donkey sanctuary

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Kinda funny how in psychosis some of us become overly generous :smile:

2 Likes

When I first got sick I had about 3 or 4 grand in the bank. I was completely psychotic walking around a large city handing out 20s to people. And made a large donation to a banks charity right at the bank. Still bothers me to this day. And i have never had 3 or 4 grand since in my account.

2 Likes

@Luke83 - a donkey sanctuary :laughing: i love donkeys! They are so angry and lazy while looking so cute

@LevelJ1 - yes, i was not quite myself when i gave the hobo money. I have heard stories about young people harassing homeless people, literally pissing on them and beating them up.

@ablue i think i would be regretting that too, thats a lot of money.

1 Like

I went through a really difficult time when I was unmedicated.

Basically felt like a shiit person, so I decided I was gonna volunteer at a soup kitchen.

It was a great experience, even with the voices talking shiit to me.

Got to help out on the serving line during breakfast, and was dishing out scrambled eggs to people.

10/10 would do again.

1 Like

Good idea, doing something is better than just giving your money away, that’s easy to do.
In fact i might do that soon, i miss doing something after i got my disability pension.

1 Like

Awesome, wishing you luck with it @bluebutterfly :dizzy:

1 Like

I just remembered this quote from the bible, i guess im a sinner now.

“When you do good deeds, don’t try to show off. If you do, you won’t get a reward from your Father in heaven. When you give to the poor, don’t blow a loud horn.”

Matthew 6:1-4 CEV

But why not? I insist on blowing a loud horn. :innocent:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.