What's the nicest thing you've ever done?

I’m counteracting @Bowens evil side

6 Likes

I created a painting gift for my mum for Christmas. I really tried. With a frame. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

we were poor growing up. My mom raised 4 kids on her own with no assistance and no child support. She sometimes worked two jobs. When I went out on my own and started working and had money, I bought my mom a new bed. Hers was old and sunken in.

8 Likes

I bought my little brother his first computer at wal-mart when I worked there a year out of high school, back in 2003. It was a lot of money to me but he was stuck using his brothers’ computers up until that point, so he was super excited to have his own.

5 Likes

I was a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding. We had to get our shoes died which makes them shrink so you have to go up in size.

One bridesmaid didn’t do that and her shoes were way too small. I offered to switch shoes. They were so small and painful and I had to wear the for several hours with a smile on my face . It really sucked, but the other girl was comfortable so that’s good

6 Likes

I saw a homeless man outside a bus station and stopped by a store and bought him a sandwich and drink.

I also used to make gift packages for homeless people when I was psychotic and go downtown and hand them out. But I’m not sure if that counts because I was driven by psychosis.

7 Likes

It counts because being kind and generous is in your core

3 Likes

I travelled to the charity shop to give heavy bags of stuff that I could have just thrown away.

But instead I wanted to give it to charity.

The sacks were really heavy

And it was an awkward journey to get to the charity shop.

4 Likes

I like your thread much better than mine leafy

2 Likes

no ones going to jail

2 Likes

I had a car and some of my friends didn’t, I used to take them grocery shopping or to a doctor. I was no angel, though. I could be temperamental…

3 Likes

When I cried for someone else’s pain. (family member)

2 Likes

Well, I DID specifically say not to admit felonies. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This one is kinda odd. A young man, maybe the age of 20 or so had a hospital bill for his baby. It was just a little bit over $1,000 dollars. I knew it was true because he was related to a friend. At the time I was a successful musician and I straight up gave him $1,000 cash. For years he’d send me funny family pictures. That was before I got sick. I was around 16. Felt like a good way to use the amount of money I was receiving. I’d never met him before that.

5 Likes

felonies are the worst things we’ve done lol

3 Likes

I think it’s quite beautiful what you did for the homeless, I can appreciate that. It just shows that even while psychotic, you were a decent human being

3 Likes

Thanks @Cragger !

2 Likes

Just pointing out the truth

2 Likes

I once gave a homeless person a £5

3 Likes

Writing a card for my mother on mothers day.

5 Likes