Llamas madness medication

Been on the Zyprexa a few days now. I take 5mg at bedtime, soon to up it to 7.5. Probably going to reach for 10mg.

Med knocks me out about 45 minutes after I take it. I’m averaging over 10 hours a night of restful sleep.

My voices have been whispers, single words. But my thinking has been clear. Least I think so.

Munchies as a side effect, but I started counting calories and have felt good enough to walk/yoga a bit.

Sorry I haven’t been around a whole lot the past few days. I’m doing well and trying to use that.

Wishing everyone well! Know the llama is lurking on and off a bit, doing well, and is being productive. If anyone needs me feel free to shout out!

:llama::heart:

6 Likes

Sounds very hopeful !

1 Like

I am. I really am, so far I feel like it’s put a cap on and is defending me against going to far down the rabbit hole.

Wishing you well EH!

2 Likes

Used to work for me not anymore, go Lama.

1 Like

Good luck, Zyprexa has been my wonder drug for completely eliminating paranoia and delusions. I’m thinking that it also reduces my voice frequency, though it doesn’t eliminate them. I never got munchies on it but I do get pretty sleepy after I take it. Hope it works well for you!

I was on 10mg for six months, then changed down to 7.5mg recently to get rid of the akathisia side effect. So far, 7.5mg is working well for me, it’s such a good compromise. I never gained weight on it, so keep in mind that doesn’t happen to everybody who takes it.

2 Likes

Sounds good. Zyprexa has been really good for me. My racing thoughts and paranoia are mostly controlled. If stressed I still have my moments but generally I’m living a pretty rich and rewarding life. It’s a little different from most but still a lot of fun.

3 Likes