Living in constant fear of psychosis

Anyone here not psychotic at the moment at all but living in constant unremitting fear of having another psychotic episode?

5 Likes

Right now I’m afraid of falling into the deep end again.

3 Likes

As of lately, yes.

But try not to think about it.

1 Like

I was like that, but the more it didn’t happen, the less concerned I was about it. Now I don’t even think about it. Time should heal that fear for you.

7 Likes

So I’m gonna follow this with a question.
If you’re not psychotic right now and you are on medication, what seems to be the problem?
What state are you in if you aren’t experiencing psychosis?

I have experienced lots of mood swings. Also under high stress becoming paranoid and suicidal. But never lost touch with the reality in contrary to psychosis. When I am starting to feel unwell I know it and can prevent it getting worse (asking for support, self management techniques…). When psychotic in the past I had no insight whatsoever. But most of the time (85%) feeling just normal. “Normie” as called on the forum😉

1 Like

I’ve been in 5 month long psychosis

1 Like

Wow this could not be more relevant to my day. Had a horrible nightmare last night about my psychosis returning that had me basically wake up with a panic attack. Then had experiences today that made me fear this as well.

1 Like

The med’s keep away psychosis for me. When I look back on some of the ways I behaved when I was psychotic I can only shudder. It’s a miracle I survived.

1 Like

I’m depressed. Negative symptoms are pretty bad now (Anhedonia/Avolition).

1 Like

I don’t know if I believe in negative symptoms.
I was diagnosed as scizoaffective but I’m being treated for depression pretty aggressively and the anhedonia and avolition are going away.
I was really hollow and empty before now I’m starting to have feelings.

2 Likes

I sure hope this is true. It has been for me so far.

I believe in negative symptoms, I’ve been on several antidepressants and feel just as hollow/socially withdrawn

Lately it’s been weird for me. I’m on a low dose of zyprexa (olanzapine) and I’m doing pretty well but I have these spells/episodes out of the blue of psychosis. Where I feel paranoid, fearful, and somewhat delusional. I’m bringing it up ton my psych at my next appointment but usually when it happens I take a klonopin or two and fall asleep and wake up fine, it’s really strange. Anyone else ever experience episodes/panic attacks like this?

So in a sense, at the present time I’m living in constant fear of psychosis. Really effects me never knowing when an episodes going to occur, I just keep klonopin near at all times.

I have psychosis several times a week, it is unpredictable. Usually once I feel it coming on I take 200mg seroquel. Sometimes that takes care of it sometimes it doesn’t. For really bad days I take a lot of seroquel. Interestingly I never become psychotic while sleeping. I think my brain has to be active for it to happen, I never wake up psychotic. If I did that would be hell.

1 Like

What’s your perscribed dosage of seroquel?

I used to feel afraid. But I have been ok for a year. I’m on 25 mg Abilify and 300 mg Seroquel.

Stress, anxiety, fear can make you feel psychotic. Try to keep calm.

1 Like

Ever get tired? I was on 10mgs of abilify and could barely make it through the day without napping once or twice, once on a commute home I had to pull over and take an impromptu nap lol. Needless to say I’m on zyprexa now.

I sleep 6-8 hours on Abilify and Seroquel.

I had Zyprexa before but I gained too much weight and got strange side effects.