Living alone makes me realise more deeply I have no close friends

This is the second time since moving here that I’ve had bouts of sadness.

This morning

Then my dad sent this by chance and I felt bit better

13 Likes

:joy:

9 Likes

It’s a shame living without friends. I lost a couple friends while my life was chaotic. I’ve made some new friends but don’t have many long term pals. I swear no one from college will talk to me don’t know what they are up to. Feels like something is going on sometimes. I found a couple high school pals that will talk to me on fb which is cool but they are outside of the usa.

2 Likes

I don’t have close friends either.
I don’t make the effort to be contact my friends regularly (actually very rarely), my friends don’t respond sometimes or take a long time and I feel hurt.
But I know it’s cause I don’t put enough effort into my friendships for my friends to be close to me.

I rather be alone than have a relationship that I can’t keep up. It’s not fair to my friends. I think its my SZ.

2 Likes

@Zoe your cats are so cute.

1 Like

Looks like a vampire cat. He was obviously trying to sleep in his coffin (box), was disturbed and retaliated. That’s the story I got from the pictures.

I get sad about not having friends too. Anyway, I need to get some sleep. Goodnight.

1 Like

You’ve got close furry friends!

3 Likes

I’ve no close friends either. I’m willing to bet a lot of those with sz are in the same boat. The illness makes us want to isolate or not form close relationships. Not the case with everyone, though.

4 Likes

I have lived alone for 5 years now

You’ll get used to it after a while

No close friends here either

3 Likes

joker. i think our having no friends – probably because of stigma – takes its psychological toll on us like a form of isolation. at work i am ostracized by some others laugh at me. one spit at me openly.

others come around to my desk to make sure i know i am well hated there.

judy

1 Like

I had the opportunity for friends a couple of times and was too cruel. I think I’ll do better if I ever have to chance again. I suffer terribly being alone. I haven’t talked face to face with anyone I know since my last hospitalization in March. I have my first in person meeting with my therapist tomorrow. I hope I don’t blow it.

1 Like

how can you blow it when it is therapy and a therapist you’'re seeing.

don’t worry jinx.

judy

1 Like

There were times when I was in an apartment by myself, and I had every creature comfort, and I was still going out of my mind because I knew no one around me. I had no one to socialize with. I also had no tv and no access to the internet. Those two things take a lot of the edge off my loneliness. If you need more socializing you might consider an “emotions anonymous” group. They’re a twelve step group for people with no addictions, but who have terrible emotional problems. You also might think about going to church. You have my sympathy. Loneliness sucks.

2 Likes

Good night

Lol yea these cats are real characters.

As cats usually are

1 Like

I have a few good friends, but after corona I haven’t seen much of most of them. I’m glad to be working part time though and able to get a little social interaction. Other than that I visit my folks every now and then.

It’s a good idea though if you have no social plans on the schedule, then try making a commitment to yourself, like going to a cafe, diner or library, just so that you can be around other people for a while. That helps me feel less lonely, but I still need to get better commiting to it more often.

1 Like

I have only a view friends but lots of acquaintance. I see them all the time cause I haven’t moved places in awhile.

2 Likes

That’s a long time.

Yea I guess if I had no choice I’d get used to it.

Hopefully I’ll make close friends at some point.

Would be cool.

1 Like

But you have your family!

I also mostly rely on my family. I see my friends only a couple of times a year. I also have my cleaning lady. She comes every fortnight and we talk for hours, I consider her to be my friend too.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yea I am very lucky to have them.

I have one guy friend and one friend whose a girl.

So it’s not all bad.

I think I cried because I cut contact from one of them twice n that made me feel more sad. But we are back on good terms.

Do you have a big unit family

1 Like