I'm stuck,no friends

I lost contact with folks I considered friends.
It’s not Covid to blame,just that their sz
became severe in matter of paranoia.
Wish I gave my time and patience to other people,
now it seems pointles.

2 Likes

Reach out to people and you make friends.

Why is this even an issue?

So easy to do online.

1 Like

I’m to complicated and social networks offer nothing.
Tried some groups,but instead of likes nothing.
Those people used to come to my flat to lunch and talk.
I’m older now,and it’s harder.
I like it here,seems like nice free place for different people…

4 Likes

My best friend died from suicide years ago.
I know we would hang now,if life has been easy on him…

Hey don’t judge. I’m on my phone a lot and text people I know in real life and call them friends but real life friends is so much harder to make for some people. I can text all day but I never see anyone

1 Like

I’ve had no in person interactions since I was hospitalized in March. The closest I come to is the cashiers at stores. It built up over ten plus years and one day I exploded to my pdoc, since I let it out I’ve been calm, but something has to be done about it. You don’t have to become a bad person because of it. Today I’m going to sit in the park. They’ll be other people there some feet away. My clinic will eventually reopen and there’s a place in town that mentally ill meet which will one day reopen too. I just have to wait and have the self love to go. And AA is open now. I’ve never known anyone in AA or NA to tell anyone not to come. They are of the mind it’s meant to be if you are there, unless it’s a “closed” meeting.

1 Like

Thanx @Jinx ,Yesterday I told this subject to my psychiatrist,and she said Im not flexible.
So,do I have to pull them out their despair every day,and they say thank you,and tomorrow all over again…
Im not therapist.

1 Like

Watch your language,if you dont like to contribute,just dont post.
Im sure lot of folks here havent seen family for an year…
And I dont know what meme is…

1 Like

I’ve come to realize the best I can have in life is ups and downs. Not to doubt, thinking when I am up that I’ll be down again. Have the self love I need to do good for myself.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jinx ,it’s only that a year ago things have been different.
I live alone,cant have pet,no even tv.
It gets like prison cell when theres no one.

Radio is more satisfying than tv simply because they don’t have to be seen. Being seen creates more tension. You seem to like your out-of-sight friends.

1 Like

I’m sorry you lost your best friend. I lost a best friend too but she was sick. She worked as a stripper and a guy followed her home, raped her, and gave her aids. She didn’t have health insurance and couldn’t afford the drug cocktails for it.

Thats most disgusting thing that I heard someone did.
Im so sorry @ZmaGal
Hell of the world this is…

1 Like

I mourned for over a decade. But I’m over it now. I still miss her but not so deeply that it physically hurts like before

1 Like

I know,when I pray I think about my lost friends and family members through some situations where they showed best of themselves…

2 Likes

It’s good to remember the good times. It’s good for your soul.

1 Like

Why cant you have TV? Thers youtube, it has some free tv channels, my father watches arabic tv free on youtube.

1 Like

I dont watch much,yes,I have internet but cant aford cable tv.
I said tv,cause i found news only on internet,wish i could not google five media houses to know latest news.

1 Like

There’s usually a bar around that has a lot of regulars. Just stop in once in a while a ask what’s going on. Just drink soda or tea don’t get have to get alcohol. There’s also NAMI groups I think for meeting people. Churches also have social groups for meeting people. I recently wanted to make some new friends and had to do a lot of searching.

1 Like

I kinda have and not have friends at the same time. Some of the friends I had before I got severe negative symptoms still video call me but I cant really hangout with them, we only hangout like 2 times a year now. When I was on Abilify I hanged out with friends everyday, I miss that.

1 Like