Lithium vs. latuda

I was taking 600 mg lithium and saw no beneficial effects but possibly had an allergic side effect. So pdoc switched me to latuda in hopes it will help with the mood issues of my schizoaffective. I am a bit disappointed because I had high hopes for the lithium and no AP I have tried so far has really helped with my mood. I am honestly at the point where I cannot functionally handle the level of depression and rapid changes in mood. I feel very desperate. I know a lot of people take latuda and I am hoping some of you can tell me it has helped with mood especially depression

Latuda is a good choice. However, if no APs worked for you then might I suggest Clozapine? (I believe you have to go through 3 APs before going on it) it’s supposed to be very effective (with a really bad side effect of lowering your immune system)

1 Like

Hi lexicon! I know people who got out of their depression with an ap. Mostly abilify. We still don’t have latuda in our country but ask the others here on It, yes :slight_smile: . Me too I struggle with deep depression,negatives and racing negative thoughts and I am trying lithium now. No ap never helped my depression in fact. Clozapine was just hell for me. Abilify made me more alive, yes, but it made me anxious too.

1 Like