List the best and worst antipsychotics you have been on and the reasons for the answer

Best ---- risperidone, because it’s the only thing that ever worked for me.

Worst ------ Clozeral was hell because of the blood draws and cost.

1 Like

Best - Latuda. I have trouble waking up in the morning, but it is better most with other side effects

Never tried another med for long besides abilify. Abilify wasn’t too bad but overall not as good as Latuda.

2 Likes

Seroquel was the best as it had limited activity at d2 so I wasn’t anhedonic.

Everything else was bad except maybe latuda, but its too expensive.

Worst: Seroquel. I got a relapse when on 200mg Seroquel. Also I got severe depression.

Best: Zyprexa. Except for low blood pressure and a little weight gain I have no other side effects from it. I was on 10mg Zyprexa at that time.

1 Like

Worst - clozapine (was a drooling zombie)
Best - risperidone and my present med amisulpride (few side effects and made me very stable)

Best is Abilify as it isn’t as sedating and I haven’t gained much weight on it.

Worst is a toss up between Seroquel and Zyprexa.

best: abilify. I only tried one AP (abilify) and I put it down as best because it works well along with celexa for the depression. It has few side effects that I can see and it made the positive symptoms go away…

1 Like

Ive only ever had negative experiences with meds, not once has a med helped with a single symptom, hell they usually make most symptoms worse. Ive got a bad memory but what i can remember… Geodon increased all symptoms, took away all emotion except anger, made my eyes permanantly twitchy, and somehow gave me acid reflux. Risperdol i dont remember think it just made symptoms worse, zyprexa made me extremely angry and aggressive, halidol zombied me out, made me extremely constantly shaking throughout my whole body, made it nearly impossible to think and made me drool, which i still drool a bit still i think its permanent. Cant remember anything else

2 Likes

Olanzapin made me gain alot of weight but it removed the positive symptoms.

Now I’m on Invega sustenna and it also removes positive symptoms. And no side effects that I’ve noticed. Have been thinking about asking for a Prolactin test though.

2 Likes

@Anna1 what side effects did you experience?

@Jonnybegood would you recommend Clozapine?

@Hadeda was clozapine effective? Do the benefits outweigh the side effects?

I wasn’t on clozapine long enough to see any benefits, only 8 months then I switched to risperidone.

1 Like

I had really serious constipation on clozapine. I couldn’t go to the toilet at all… Plus, I started to have panic attacks. I was afraid that ill choke with my food even. I was floating in my head like crazy, these waves in my head were even worse on this med… I couldn’t feel my body etc etc.

1 Like

Worst: Clozapine turned me into a zombie but it did work to make me less suicidal very quickly. And Latuda made me very sick to my stomach it was unbearable.

Best: Saphris and Abilify more activating and neutral to losing weight.

@Anna1 thank you Anna :pray:t6:

@Hadeda 8 months is a substantial amount of time to me, I was going to ask to do a trial for 8 weeks first

Wost is risperdal for me because it didn’t help with my hallucinations and plus I’ve gained 20 pounds from it.

Best is probably zyprexa, and so far I’ve haven’t gained weight.

@Skims when you say Zombie was that consciously or it just made you sleep more

Worst is abilify. Anxiety hell. Panic attacks.

Now that I’m getting over initial side effects it’s paliperidone. It wears off a few days before my next injection though. I’m going to discuss this with my nurse today. Maybe they can give it to me every so many days instead of the 15th each month.

Qutiapine was also good for a long time. I just didn’t get along With taking pills and compared to paliperidone it was not as effective but still fairly decent.

1 Like