Latuda the antipsychotic and rexulti

So I’m just now thinking wat med I’d go on if abilify stops working. I need a backup plan.
People on here seem to have good experience with latuda.
What are your experiences with it, the good and the bad, and what dose were/are you on.

Then there’s Rexulti that’s meant to be similar to abilify so…

With Latuda fine except for the evening anxiety.

1 Like

My pdoc thought Latuda would be a good add on to abilify. I took it two days. But then stopped because it was hurting , the combo.

Never taken rexulti but I hear it’s like abilify

1 Like

It was hurting, like physical pain or it just didn’t fit your combo, why was that?

1 Like

It was making me anxious/restless/psychotic kinda. But my pdoc wasn’t sure it was a good combination to start. He said “the combination of drugs are not studied well enough”

And abilify wasn’t doing it for me.

But then I found out naltrexone and Zoloft were better than adding a second antipsychotic.

Lol ignore me I have no relevant opinion on these meds. But I did take Latuda for two days back in 2015

1 Like

No, thanks that’s informative

1 Like

Latuda works great for me. I had nausea for the first week, but it went away.
You just gotta remember to take it with food

2 Likes

I take Latuda and now that I’m on a higher dose it works fine. It does knock me out right after dinner though. So I have to plan to eat and take it later if I’m going out.

2 Likes

I take Latuda and was symptom free almost at 80mg. Just reduced it to 40mg and im noticing changes in my thinking and hearing whispers. I might put it back up to 80.

Forgot to mention it gives me insomnia.

2 Likes

Yeah I have to take it with a little bit of seroquel or I only sleep 4 hours a night

1 Like

I took Latuda for one month, when I refilled the prescription I took the entire bottle to try and kill myself. I take Rexulti now and it stops me from having suicidal thoughts and gestures.

1 Like

What dose of seroquel you take for sleep?

1 Like

I take 75mg. It makes me hungry though so I have to count calories

1 Like