L-Theanine+Coffee

Do you still take it @anon20318121?

no is still have 2 bottles sitting on my shelf…

pointless taking them if they dont work.

I also went on the L theanine craze faze

Have you tried it with coffee before?

yes, it really didnt do anything.

So how many months in did the L Theanine stop working?

i took it for maybe 2 montha and it never made me feel any difference or calm me down.

1 Like

I’m taking a lot a day. If you take a lot a day over a long period you have to taper off it. You can’t quit it cold turkey or you’ll go bananas.

I’ll keep that in mind thanks.

I’m sensitive I guess. I like orange kickstarts the most.

Interesting. I write short choppy sentences now. I think it’s the medication.

I never cycled it. I quit aniracetam after a few months. I heard it’s good to not take it for too long. I was worried about that. Is that what you mean by cycling?

You probably know more about cycling and supplements than me. I know with aniracetam it’s recommended to take Alpha GPC (choline) and fish oil or something with fat in it because it’s fat soluble.

I was going to try Aniracetam and I just read it does something to your dopamine so I am going to stay away from it. As for cycling I’ve heard some nootropics that you can take 5 days on and 2 days off. Or 3 months on and a month on. Possibly 56 days on and 4 days off. Whatever works for you I guess. If something loses it’s effect then that’s something you have to cycle.

I drink coffee everyday. So when it stops working I guess I will cycle it.

I think I will take this combination 5 days on and 2 days off. It seems reasonable.

So I just looked it up and 6 oz of coffee has 70 grams of caffeine. So I will just drink a cup and a half.

Just took my second dose of L Theanine and Coffee. Feeling pretty smart. Yes.

1 Like

I sometimes take a caffeine tablet with my l-theanine. You know then exactly how much caffeine you are taking.

1 Like

Do you cut the caffeine pill in half? Seems like there’s only 200 mg caffeine pills out there on the market. I read the caffeine intake should be half of the L Theanine dose.

1 Like

I take 200mg caffeine and 400mg l-theanine. I find anything less than 400mg l-theanine doesn’t touch the side for me.

1 Like

Oh wow, do you cycle it?

1 Like

I take it almost like a recreational drug in that I have it not that regularly but just to feel pleasant every now and then. Not sure if I would recommend it for that though.

You see every couple of weeks or so I like to stay up all night. I find it fun. That requires a lot of caffeine but the l-theanine blunts the harsh effects of the caffeine. It also calms.

Would recommend it with caffeine.

1 Like