Just got out of the hospital

Starting and partial hospitalization tommorow. the medicine isnt doing anything really. dont know what to do, im scared, and alone in a dark situation.

1 Like

Winston Churchhill said, “When going through Hell, keep going.”

If it’s any consolation, I came out of mental hospitals about six times in the 70’s and haven’t been back since. Actually, my life has been relatively sweet for a long time now.

Yeah, for many years, I didn’t know what the medicine was doing for me, but it turns out now, I’m sure it is a real part of my recovery.

Jayster

5 Likes

I’m sorry you are alone dealing with this. Just try to take it one day at a time. Hope to see you feeling better soon.

1 Like

Hi there, it’s hard coming out of/going into hospital and starting such treatment, the meds will take a while to kick and sometimes they may not be the right ones for you, I went through a few changes before I found ones that worked so don’t give up hope just yet. Do you want to talk about what’s going on for you at the moment? No pressure just know if you want to get it out, here’s a good place to do so! You’re not alone, keep reaching out, it’s the best thing to do and stick with the meds and contribute in therapy,learn to self soothe, it’s going to be hard but keep at it.

Take it one step at a time, it takes time to climb the mountain it’s a hard slug but you don’t do it all at once, you put one foot in front of the other, you take breaks and make camp along the way where you may feel like going back down but rest all you like, take your time and eventually as long as you keep going, you’ll get to the summit whether that’s complete recovery or just standing on an even keel.

Keep walking and you’re not alone, take care and just be gentle with yourself,
Meg x

3 Likes

i am a stranger to you but i wanted you to know i care , i care about you as a person and the situation you are in.
i am reaching up to the sun taking a piece and putting it in an envelope and posting it to you, hope this shines a light in your darkness.
remember this is your mind , your body you can control this.
try creating rooms in your head, at first small rooms with no furniture where you control what comes into the room, this is a room you can go to and be safe in.
if it gets trashed create another one and control that, practice and practice, this is how i took control over my mind.
i fear nothing now, my demons they run away from me.
i don’t do meds, and this and other excercises have given me more control.
know that i care and you are not alone.
take care

2 Likes

that seems like a really good idea that i will definantly try. thanks for the post, and thanks for careing

1 Like

Do you know any meditation? If you find yourself getting stressed (getting, it doesn’t work as well when you are too far gone but it does help even then) concentrate on your breathing. Feel your breath in. Release that stressed energy into the universe for it to heal. Breath in the recharged vibrations. Repeat.
I don’t know what else to say, I really don’t.
But it’s going to get better it is. You are taking the steps you need to fix the problem. You are going for help. Who knows? You might run into some people you can really relate to in there. You might be able to help some people like talking to one of the depressed people who is starting to sink down into it and getting him to a nurse before he gets too far in. You can really do a lot of good an help others.
-0–0--0–0--0–0--0–0--0–0--0–0--0–0- I tried to make a jelly bean can can line for you, but it looks more like a daisy chain.