Just got off disability

April 2019… no more payments.

I’ve been doing pretty well for myself and I’m hoping the pressure of knowing its just me vying for myself will give the push to make some life changes I’ve been trying at. No smokes, less caffeine, less alcohol.

Wish me luck folks, I might need it.

You all have always been so great! Take care.

32 Likes

Best of luck @Azley ! :sunny:

2 Likes

I hope all goes well!

I wish you the best good luck

1 Like

Good luck @Azley!!! Will you use the forum as support while you make these big changes? A therapist?

2 Likes

Good luck @Azley! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good luck! I too am thinking of getting off disability! Let us know how it is going.

1 Like

man, you are brave…I could not go off disability…would scare the hell outta me.

Congratulations!

1 Like

good job man, keep it up,

did you get a job or something?

i’m hoping to get a job some time, its a goal and i think it will make me feel really good,

i applied for a job with fareshare as a driver, its a charity that distributes spare food to other charities like homeless charities, community projects etc,

so i figured if i can do that for 2/3 hrs a day in the morning then it’ll help me gear up for a driving job.

1 Like

I am headed in that direction too. Two more months at work and I will lose SSDI.

Good luck. :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

I thought about this when I was working a lot, but went psychotic again and need to be on it. I can’t work full time.

I like working part time, taking care of my body, going to therapy and AA meetings.

4 Likes

Good luck, I hope it goes well for you.

1 Like

…hope all works out for you.

1 Like

Good luck with it all. Sounds like you’ve a decent plan in action and that is good to have some drive!

1 Like

Good luck @Azley. Don’t go off your meds.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing with us this good news. This is really big and impressive. Wish you good luck!

1 Like

I never got on disability cuz the Canadian government refused my application on a date based technicality, while accepting the schizophrenia diagnosis. Go figure. Ive been struggling for years, having to work, f___ing up, etc. Nobody in the gov gives a ■■■■ about me and never did or will. If you’re on disability you’re lucky.

3 Likes

Good for you @Azley! It must be a new found liberation for you to be able to make such positive steps in your life. Good luck and all the best in whatever venture you decided to embark on.

1 Like

Welcome to the club!

:heart:

5 Likes