Journaling for sz, let's start one here. I can show you

Captain’s log Day 6470

Still stuck on the deserted island with the five passengers and first mate Gilligan. It’s starting to be a bit fishy to me. That professor can make a nuclear reactor out of coconut shells but can’t fix a simple hole in my boat. I think that’s Gilligan I’d better go.

1 Like

you know that www.penzu.com there is a problem

idk what other people can see and it asks me for my real name and stuff and i was worried about that,

is it private or can it be shared? or can i use an alias?

today i can’t find my socks and my feet are cold :frowning:

i had a couple of friends over the other day and i can’t help thinking they could have taken my socks for a laugh.

i need my socks :frowning:

1 Like

I do not write journals or diary entries so much any longer, but I used to do this regularly in the past. Although I am living in a non-English speaking society I often wrote my diaries in English. One method I learned how to get more writings on one page is to write both vertically and horizontally on the same page. It is quite readable as shown below.

http://i.picasion.com/pic79/9e9723735571ad43314889f31c5babe6.gif

1 Like

I like handwritten diaries because it shows more about the personality of a person, nowadays people use digital systems to write these journals and there is much missing such the way of handwriting, the reflection of one’s personality.

2 Likes

Yes using handwritten journal is very sincere and real.I write my journal online,I choose online because my hand writing wasn’t very clear.I can read out what I have written,my hand writing is so poor that I do not feel like reading back what I have written,so I used type journaling

I bought a small mixed media journal to keep so I can paint, stamp and draw in it too. Only problem is that its not good for watercolors, should have bought a watercolor paper journal instead. The pages aren’t lined so with a pencil I draw lines in to write on. I’ll draw the lines wavy or in a spiral or square, so when you write with a pen on the lines its wavy or a spiral.

1 Like

You can buy separate water color paper and clip it in your journal. You can always cut the paper to fit inside your journal before painting. You can use pocket sheets to put in your journal

It’s private but it is online, use an alias or Nick name and your email, it will remind you to do your journal when you set it. You can always get a yellow notebook online for journaling.

Monday, March 2, 2015
I found out my son is doing his missions nearby and not out of town, so he comes home every day.
I have been drinking carrot juice and herbal teas, green tea and sleepy time at night. They help. It’s been raining but for awhile it felt like summer here. I started learning through youtube, blogs, and other stuff on how to grow things, I was surprised how well I did, just thinking
about it.

Free online note pad with no login
http://anotepad.com/add

3/3/2015
Mood:Mildly Elevated
Anxiety and irritability:None
Medication taken
Sleep:8 hours

I working now,feel energetic,working on becoming stronger mentally and physically.Everything for me is better than it used to be,life was difficult and tough for me for 4 years,now I am back on track will try my best to live fullest everday

tried regular journal-ling in a book before but never stuck with it. I have a personal one on my compute in MS word, and the link above is a link to my personal blog (free) about me dealing with schizophrenia, and it’s solely about Schizophrenia and mental illness, I try and keep other stuff out of it.

2 Likes

Feel like I’ve been hit by a truck today and my concentration pretty poor. But have booked marked it to look at later.

I would just worry to many people if posted my journal on the net and have in the past.

It was a feature on my last support site. Used a friends list who would all be contacted when you made a journal entry so they could leave a comment for support. Emails where very buggy on the site. So often many never got contacted when you journalled. So end up with the whole no one is commenting thing. ie…No one loves me…Woe is me.
Do prefer to write on paper but still trying a few other ways. So have stuffed scattered all over the place. Net, my computer and tons of books. Have also seen some video journals around. No way I could do that though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/baaadpuddytat

was at docs for my health and he put my anxiety med dose up and put me on Omeprazole again, also got some little blue tablets.

woke up this morning and its a white out outside and i feel pretty crappy tbh have a sore throat so took a halls soother and also took most of my meds just ned the Omeprazole now.

@daydreamer why are you changing your medication when your doing well?Did I miss anything about you recently?

1 Like

its ok as i am still taking my normal dose of Amisulpride (antipsychotic), just needed extra dose of anxiety med and he put me back on the Omeprazole bc of my gut (i have a very weak stomach) :frowning:
the little blue tablets are for something else lol

Okay,your a good person,hope you do well

1 Like

Thanks for the resource share! :blush: I’ll check it out!

As for my journal entry here…

March 3

This past week hasn’t been so good, starting a few days ago I guess. I was trying out a new coping method. I’ve been implementing elements of OCD therapy into my personal mental health management to see if they prove useful. This mainly involves exposure therapy, to try to outright prove to myself that the things I am paranoid of are not true, for example, thinking loud, embarassing thoughts in public to break my belief that everyone hears my thoughts.

The only issue with this is that facing paranoia head on like that, tends to make you more paranoid. Lately I’ve been practice exposure therapy with the demons. Back at my old house, I was severely attacked and punished physically, mentally and emotionally if I challenged them in any way. I was also obviously in a far more psychotic state back then because I no longer experience tactile hallucinations like that. Anyways I’ve been practicing actively disrespecting the “demons” and making fun of them, in an attempt to move on and embrace that I’m free from that time period of my life.

It did not go well. First night, I was repeatedly ripped out of my dream into sleep paralysis where I had auditory hallucinations of them yelling at me basically. Since then I’ve had these nightmarish dreams every single night, my paranoia has spiked and the voices are back. I didn’t even realize how much I’d been talking to them until very recently.

After realizing that this is the second time exposure therapy has triggered psychosis in me I’m debating whether or not it’s good to continue. On one hand, it feels good to face my fears finally. On the other hand, is a week trip in crazy town worth it? Debating now.

Aside from that I’ve been doing well. Exercise has been really helping me manage my anxiety and the resulting depression it can cause. If I continue to keep my stress levels down my psychosis should not flare up any further and will hopefully wind down.

1 Like

i guess its called exposure therapy for a reason :frowning:

sounds a bit like mental cbt if you know what i mean,

the hope is that your symptoms will subside probably gradually so its going to be hard

but if you are feeling good at the moment i would cherish those times and try to make them last as long as possible,

idk if exposure therapy would work for me, i have always just relied on meds to take care of symptoms bc i could not control them,

1 Like