Journaling

I’m on day 5 of writing about my day, and I’m proud that I’ve remembered every day. hopefully it continues. it’s not much, but it’s a start. :blush:
and longer than I’ve gone before! haha

7 Likes

Your other post inspired me to start journaling, and I did, so thank you for that. I’ve been writting evey day also :relaxed:

1 Like

It’s good you’re doing something positive. Maybe you could turn this into a major project, if you want to.

1 Like

Was a great long post about a year ago on journaling lots of info and personal examples. I tracked it down for you.

Kept one since the 90’s on and off through the years.

1 Like

I think it would be cool to somehow have that option online here. It would make sense for people to be able to have their own topic page where they can write what is going on, how they are doing without having to create a new topic each time unless they are looking for an answer to a question.

It could still be open to responses from others, but the person would be able to track their own writings better.

Any admins know of a way to allow this to be done on this site? @shutterbug

2 Likes

Agreed. A journaling page was available on accounts on anther support group I was involved with. A comment section for others to offer support and insight.

Fail to see why Discourse hasn’t made that (or the likes) an option as has numerous uses.

1 Like

My journal is my therapist. When I’m angry or mad or sad its the first thing I do - write it out. It usually makes me feel so much better.

2 Likes

It’s probably not going to be possible. The developers of our discussion software – Discourse – are focused on providing as interactive a discussion experience as possible to the exclusion of all else. They won’t even consider an IGNORE or BLOCK feature. Something this far outside of a normal discussion function probably won’t ever be on their radar. Suggest journaling on a platform designed for it like Wordpress.com or Blogger.com.

I keep a journal, I write in it every day. It’s good to track maturation and insight, as well as life events, and also is useful for learning how I think when I am very ill.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.