I've lost 4 pounds since Jan 1rst

I got up to 158 lbs. by not weighing myself like I should. I’m 5 ft. 8.5 inches and female. I let my weight get away from me. And I shot up to 158 lbs. Now, I’m weighing myself about once a week and I’m losing weight. I’m on a calorie restriction diet. I use the calorie counting app. www.MyFitnessPal.com and it works wonderfully in getting my weight down. Now, I’m down four pounds. I only have to lose four more pounds. I never drink my calories. Very little to no alcohol. I only drink black coffee and water. I exercise everyday doing something that I love (playing the piano and yoga). I eat a gooey dessert once every day. I never drink soda pop of any kind, not regular or diet. And no energy drinks either. It all works great for me. The trick is you have to weigh yourself consistently once a week. That’s what I keep forgetting. You have to keep track of your weight.

10 Likes

Well done you! I’m trying to lose as well…getting a lot fitter and putting on muscle mass but it’s a slow process for me. Keep on keeping on you sound on top of it! It’s not easy losing on modern antipsychotics!

3 Likes

No, it’s not, but, I’ve found it’s very doable.

2 Likes

I’ve lost 45 pounds over the course of last year…hoping to totally get under 200 lbs. this year…

3 Likes

Very good for you, @jukebox. I’m proud of you!

1 Like

Congratulations on your weight loss - @jukebox - @SkinnyMe!

2 Likes

Good going @SkinnyMe @jukebox!!
Way to go! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Scales are for fish. Remember to enjoy life as best you can as what helps me is viewing what I’m eating as nutrition and fuel for my body. I can’t be on th right meds cuz of long qtc so I take nutrition pretty seriously and healthy exercise. Remember to love yourself cuz all of us responding wouldn’t if we didn’t care :muscle:

1 Like

I weigh around 221 pounds. I’m like 25 pounds overweight. I’m not on a diet.

Good for you! I gained almost 20 lbs. since this summer. I am trying to lose it, but I admittedly haven’t changed anything to help me do that yet. I am 5’10" and weigh 170, I think. I weighed around 154 this summer.

154 is too thin for 5’10". 150 is perfect for me at 5’8.5".

1 Like

I didn’t look skinny. I looked healthy. Now I look a little bigger than I want to, though I’m still in a healthy BMI. I was happier at 154.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.