It's in the family

My family doctor told me. There’s a history of schizophrenia on my mother’s side. Her sister has it and she isolates in her house in a hamlet outside of the city, she hasn’t spoken to the family in years. The last time I saw her she was about to attack my mother but she calmed herself down and slammed the door in our faces never saw her again to this day

1 Like

I am the first schizophrenic in my family

4 Likes

Yeah, mi runs in families.
My family has lots of depression and anxiety running through it.

What is your diagnosis @bluerose?

My diagnoses are schizoaffective and bipolar.

2 Likes
  1. My mom has schizophrenia.
  2. My sister has schizoaffective.
  3. I have schizoaffective.
  4. My youngest brother was also told he has schizophrenia but he doesn’t believe it… his isn’t official.
  5. We think my other brother has bipolar disorder.

My family is stricken with severe mental illness. I guess we’re just lucky.

3 Likes

Marijuana-induced schizophrenia. If I could take back one thing I did in the past it would be getting into the weed

2 Likes

Yeah Mescaline triggered my SZA.
Wish I never touched it.

1 Like

one or two of my uncles may have it, psychosis stuff… i didnt know about this until after I was diagnosed psychotic …gosh if I knew about drugs and my possibly genetic psychosis predisposition …even alcohol wudda been a nono

2 Likes

I’m the only one in my family tree to have schizophrenia.

1 Like

Schizophrenia is prevalent on my dad’s side of the family. My granduncle, aunt and father have the schizophrenic genes.

1 Like

That’s really awful @Blossom! I’m the only person diagnosed sz in my family. But we have ocd, anxiety, depression, and addiction in my family, even in extended family.

1 Like

Do you know of a study that shows a link between using marijuana and onset of sz?

I’m the only schizophrenic in my family too, no mental illness on either side

Weed,cocaine and ecstasy caused mine too

I’m the first schizophrenic in my family only OCD and depression runs in my family

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.