It might be time to quit coffee entirely for me

I woke up and felt fine. Then I had 2 spoons of instant coffee. An hour later I had 1 spoon of instant coffee.

Then I started to feel really nervous.

I took some L-theanine which has fixed things for now.

I think I’ll quit by cutting down. I’ve quit coffee before that way.

3 Likes

I’m trying to lessen the intake of coffee it makes me sick and wanting to puke.

1 Like

coffee messes with my head I hear more voices after I drink it.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @auquaman2011!

I quit all caffeine entirely on Friday. My treatment team said I can’t drink it anymore

2 Likes

I quit caffeine about 4 months ago.
Definitely less jittery now. I try to use orange juice or peppermint tea as my ‘coffee’ I just pretend it will wake me up lol.

It can be challenging not having something to wake me up

I quit cold turkey. I was having like 2 energy drinks plus multiple coffees on days I was really tired.

Headaches were outrageous it felt like my blood pressure was higher for like 2 weeks

1 Like

If quitting coffee is what you need to do, i wish you well with it. I know it affects people in different ways.

1 Like

I hope you are successful.

1 Like

Yes I can’t have caffeine anymore either. Welcome to the club.

@roxanna I caved in :grimacing: 151515

1 Like

I only drink stuff with caffeine in it about once a month, usually just a Coke.

I can’t do coffee and high caffeine content never really wakes me up, all it does is make me tired a few hours after drinking high caffeine content stuff.

That said I went through caffeine withdrawal in highschool after stopping drinking Pepsi at lunch. If I remember right I had pretty annoying headaches.

2 Likes

I have to quit by cutting down first. Today I only had 3 spoons of coffee instead of 4. From Tomorrow I’ll have 2 for a while. Then 1 then quit.

2 Likes

I would say expect some withdrawal headaches. I always get those when I come off coffee

1 Like

Darn. I know it’s tough I have the urges to drink Starbucks frappuccinos in the bottles because they are sooooo good. We’ll battle together!

1 Like

Caffeine helps my focus and energy level it’s really hard to quit something that helps. The doctor’s reasoning was it would help with disorganized thinking but my bf witnessed it, and was like OMG your all over the place without the caffeine, even worse. Thought processes that are so engrained aren’t going to stop from no caffeine. Yeah it would help me sleep, but I was hearing voices off it still.

I like tea with caffeine. Coffee IS a bit stimulating and bad for anxiety

1 Like

Ya know, chocolate is a similar intoxication . . .

1 Like

I see. Be careful .

1 Like

I can’t intake anything with caffeine. I get no sleep. And I bounce off the walls during the day.

1 Like

I drink decaf right now.

1 Like

I cant have caffeine anymore it worsens the tactile hallucinations. I still have some every once in a while.

1 Like