Looks like I'm quitting coffee ☕

I haven’t bought any on purpose and I have just enough for one cup left.

I have plenty of decaffeinated though. So I’ll be switching to that tomorrow.

I’ve been wanting to quit for a while.

Lets see how this goes :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Are you much of a tea drinker? I think switching to tea can take the edge off a coffee withdrawal. Expect headaches though when you are off the coffee

2 Likes

No, I never drink tea. I’m bracing for coffee withdrawal though, you’re right. :persevere:

4 Likes

Maybe buy some aspirin or Tylenol or something. Chances are you will get a headache

3 Likes

Why are you quitting drinking coffee?

I’ve quit multiple times before but always went back to it. I’ve been drinking it every day this year.

It makes me feel tweaked out, nervous and makes me feel a little paranoid by the time night comes around.

1 Like

That sucks. It doesn’t have those effects on me. I brew a weak cup of coffee in the mornings with just a tablespoon of coffee then add Death Wish instant coffee which has 300mg of caffeine and I have 300mg of Wellbutrin with that.

1 Like

Well no coffee today. No withdrawal feelings. But I feel incredibly bored !

5 Likes

Good luck @everhopeful!

1 Like

I was to forced quit coffee back in the day when meds made me extremely insomniac. I guess just stick to your guns and see how it goes.

I’m also here with Jimbob on this one, headaches can be very traumatic for some people.

1 Like

I’m very sensitive to coffee. I noticed I always got irrational when I drank it. Even if it was just one cup. It is a stimulant after all. A legalized drug really :thinking: Now I’m only doing decaf and feeling miles better.

3 Likes

I’m also switching to decafe once my normal coffee runs out cause the doctor today said this pressure in my head would not be helped by coffee.

3 Likes

I gave up soda pop (diet/regular) a couple months ago.

It was worth it.

Giving something up will give you room in your life for something new.

4 Likes

So am I. Decaf or nothing. You’ll be fine hugs. Take deep breath.

5 Likes

The withdrawal has started…

I feel completely tired all day and have aches in my legs. I’ve taken 2 naps already today. Totally wasted.

2 Likes

Hang on @everhopeful
They will go away soon enough

3 Likes

I cannot work without coffee :coffee: :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I sleep all day without coffee because of Risperdal.

1 Like

I have to take pain killers to manage the aches and pains in my legs now. This is mega withdrawal.

I didn’t realize you were going to kick caffeine. I read somewhere maybe? I’m tapering off. I hope you totally kick it too. I Believe in you.

1 Like