Is touching someone on the leg even if your playing around sexual harrasment

I was playing with my friends, i was touching her leg not for sexual arousal just joking around, is consider sexual harrassment, it happen 2 years ago. Is this a crime.

I think it’s probably best to keep your hands to yourself if you’re not sure.

4 Likes

Consent is key. If she didn’t get upset, didnt ask you to stop, and continued joking around with you, that implies consent. Consent doesn’t always look like “yes you may touch my leg.” Sometimes it looks like just continuing to actively engage in the activity

2 Likes

Yea i was one time thing.

Yea she was laughing and smiling i think she knew i was joking around. I even she smiling and laughing i dont know if i did something wrong

1 Like

Then I think you’re probably fine. You have a tendency to over think past decisions and fixate on how you may have messed up. There is a good chance that you think a lot more about those moments than the people around you.

1 Like

Okay thanks, yea i think just to be safe i wont do that stuff again.

1 Like

If you know each other well, it’s probably okay.

Where were you touching her on her leg?

1 Like

I was just getting into a new job and a guy put his hand on my shoulder. I gave him a glare that could have blown him across the room. He definitely knew I didn’t welcome him. I think the girl would have let you know, too.

3 Likes

on the thigh 151515

Should i be worried, would she report me to the police after 2 years. it was a one time thing.

Are you inconsolable? I’m quite sure you have nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

okay thanks. 151515 what does inconsolable mean?

I think I already said it but you seem to have anxiety, fearing small things. I mean its not a big deal and even if it was she would have told you right away to not touch her.

2 Likes

Inconsolable means no one can get through to you to reassure you that you are ok and have nothing to grieve or fear.

1 Like

Yes, this is a big key point, here. If you were her boss, her teacher, or in a supervisory position over her, it would be a problem. The reason that would be a problem would be because she might be afraid to say no to someone who had power over her. That is where it becomes sexual harassment, because she has less ability to say no. But if you were two equal friends goofing around, then she has the right and responsibility to tell you to knock it off if she doesn’t like it.

I have had a friend try to play wrestle with me before when I didn’t want it. I froze up, screamed “STOP NOW!” and he backed off and apologized. We both moved on, and remained friends. He wasn’t trying to take advantage, he simply misread my body language and immediately corrected himself. If she didn’t give you any indicator that she was uncomfortable, it’s probably because she wasn’t uncomfortable. Like @PinCushion said, if she didn’t want you touching her, she would probably have told you. At the very least, she would have told a friend who would have then confronted you about it.

4 Likes

Thanks i see more clearly now, she never said anything about it, or confronted me about it, or told anyone or reported to the police. I think im doing my usually over thinking of things again. Yea thanks guys i just wanted others peoples opinions sorry for bothering you guys, it was just bothering because of coumo the governer is accustion of sexual harrassment, thats why i brought it up. I dont want to be in his shoes.

3 Likes

The reason it was not okay for him to do those things was because he was their boss. Those girls were interns at his office, so they may have been afraid to tell him to stop because he had the power to fire them and make sure their political careers were over.

1 Like

whats the difference with my situation. Im always nice to her, i buy her drinks and food. were are good friends, i thought i cross the boundary at the moment i feel bad.