Schizophrenia.com

Is there anything in life that is really that bad?

Sure would have been nice to experience that. I had one parent and she started living off me the moment I could work and bring in income. It’s why I couldn’t save for school.

2 Likes

That’s rough.

Sorry you weren’t able to save for school.

But it doesn’t seem to have impacted the success of your career.

I was fortunate enough to have parents that paid for my school.

Although I’m 36 and they just finished paying for it.

And I’m not working in my field, or at all.

Oy vey.

It’s good to have a fighting attitude, anyway. Maybe I’m on my last leg but I felt good this morning too, and it was a sober high.

I hope I’m not overstepping here but being raped and attempting suicide is some serious trauma and when you say it’s not that bad it makes me think you’re in some denial about it. I hope you might consider talking to a therapist about it.

1 Like

Yeah, you never entirely escape it. Therapy has helped me move from carrying around a fulll set of luggage to a carry-on in terms of my baggage, but I think it will always be there. It also overwhelms when you aren’t expecting it.

4 Likes

That’s the worst part for me. I’ll have like 3 or 4 good months in a row then one day I will encounter an unexpected smell or touch or sound and feel shattered for days.

2 Likes

"Take it easy, nothing matters in the end’ - William Shatner at 90

3 Likes

While I appreciate you being positive about your trauma, I think it’s ok to acknowledge the pain and the hurt. I think it’s ok to grieve over it and mourn. It’s ok to be sad.

6 Likes

This is utter tripe.

Yes, it IS that bad.

People are allowed to feel hurt and bad over things that make them feel bad.

What is not that bad to one is utterly devastating to another.

Don’t try to mininize other’s trauma based on your own experience.

5 Likes

i learned a long time ago that there’s no point in arguing or convincing folks of things because of certain reasons. I mean we could quibble all day and get no where and I’ll probably lose the argument or points lol…

It’s like my “delusions” are better than “your delusions” and so forth. My “life is harder than yours and I am poorer than you etc.”. I don’t want to give or recieve brownie points.

Personally, I think I’ve been through hell and back and worse countless times but I’m not going to preach to the choir or sell something or anything anymore. It’s sort of subjective to most I’ve learned.

It goes with 'conspiracy theories too" or I’m “more intelligent or come from a diverse, cultured background” or “i’m more sane than you” type of thing…

Maybe some of it is how I manage my mental illness and psychosis which isn’t well or wasn’t going well at all to the point I didn’t think I would survive on many fronts…

But I once and sometimes still do consider myself “one of the worse ones off” or “the world’s most tortured person in the history of the universe” and compared Jesus’s suffering to mine many times perhaps at an universal or galactic level lol…

I think that’s all I wanted to say. I think of others now and how they had it bad too and at that specific moment they suffered it must have been hell whether they believed in God, an after life, or nothing. Perhaps I’m too emotional and ill-equiped to deal with others issues or problems. But yes, I have seen things and experienced things.

I really do think there is some terrible things that go unheard of or are unknown or put under the rug which is really vile nasty and evil.

It makes me think “why god, why?” Why would you allow that and why would you allow these things to operate and continue unheard of mostly?

I figure it’s karma in the end or from my own background sin. I don’t know. Maybe I’ll end up changing my belief system some day because of it.

1 Like

You can die from stuff. Being a burn victim with 10,20, 25% of your body covered in burns can be one of the most painful things you can experience. I wouldn’t get explicit about the treatment, take my word for it, it’s horrible. Looking on the bright side is great but there are plenty of things in life that are horrible while you are going through them. If you come out of them and survive them, that’s great. But many don’t.

You can say drug addiction is fun. You can say you get too party and get high. But believe me, it’s no picnic. I know you’ve been through some stuff and I guess you’re in a good mood right now and feeling charitable about life. But everything has two sides to it and being homeless may make you feel free but I don’t think it’s worth the danger and hardship. I think you should read up on the treatment for burn victims. It’s good to be optimistic but there’s such a thing as being overly optimistic.

3 Likes

Yea if you are delusional it can be really bad sometimes.

I know from experience about that.

Your mind is your perception so everything can be distorted in a horrid way.

I would not wish that onto anyone.

1 Like

Well, that explains alot. Posting drunk is against forum guidelines so I’m suspending you overnight. Come back when you’re sober.

5 Likes

Go to north Korea and volunteer to be in a labour camp it won’t be bad! #mindset

This reminds me of the self help gurus like Gary Vaynerchuk or Tony Robbins.

I get it but there’s some pretty rough situations out there.

Making the most of bad situations is good approach. But is good to be empathetic of people’s bad situations too

4 Likes

I think misterdive points out hes a positive ? Confident? human being.

we Wanna be mentally and physically healthy. ?
live somewhere we enjoy And work with something we enjoy.
live ”normal lives”

An american life is not like a scandinavian life.

But some are ”go to america”

Maybe they find a new Life ?

(Off topic)

I think we want so much but sometimes get hurt on the way.

1 Like

I’m like….really a prisoner in North Korea isn’t that bad? Oh my. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Were you a burn victim/patient at one time @77nick77 ?

Sometimes I think death would be preferable to longterm, excruciating pain. But, I get migraine headaches on a daily basis and some days are worse than others. And I don’t prefer death over my migraines.

1 Like

No, I read about it. I don’t need too get shot in the head to know it hurts.

2 Likes