Is there any way that people can get their anger out...does anybody have any ideas?

Does anybody know how to get their anger out…without doing something illegal?

2 Likes

Punchbag, or just doing exercise.

2 Likes

Exercise is good. Do something to raise your heartrate.

3 Likes

how about gardening?

3 Likes

everhopeful and rogeone….those are good ideas. Thank you

1 Like

That is a good idea.

1 Like

When I’m angry I journal about it and scribble in a notebook

Exercise is good too

1 Like

Get a heavy punching bag. You need a suspended chain from the ceiling and I wouldn’t advise doing it in a rental. Back when I was a teen we lived in a house with one and I’d wear padded gloves and go to town on it, it’s very helpful.

1 Like

Get some thick black boots, put them on, and stomp around while listening to Black Sabbath!!!

Okay… Don’t do that.

That’s what I fantasize doing to my neighbors sometimes.

1 Like

flick your ball until you are no longer angry.

Results are not guaranteed.

listen to some heavy metal, or punch a punching bag till your toast. thatll do it.

Guys, punching a punching bag and exercise are good outlets only IF you already have violent/aggressive outbursts and need to redirect them.

When you work out intensely, your body is flooded with endorphins. If you do it in response to anger, your brain learns that if it gets into angry mode, it will get the reward of endorphins. If you’re already having outbursts, the association is already in place, and moving it to something harmless is a good strategy. If you don’t already have that association, you don’t want to build it because you’ll end up getting angry more often.

4 Likes

Buy a punching bag and have at it

3 Likes

I got out my anger towards my dad by using a punching bag. It worked. I’m not an angry person or bent on violent. I used to want to kill my dad for what he did to all of us and to protect us from him. But that’s gone now and has been since I was 17.

2 Likes

yeah I used to use a punching bag to redirect agression

2 Likes

My brother used to chop firewood. I try to mellow out and reason with myself and forgive.

2 Likes

I write angry letters I never show anyone.
Then I go do something else for a while, and re-write the letter with the new emotion

4 Likes

When I was a kid, I used to break things all the time. I was really strong, and when I had a tantrum, big expensive things would be toast. My dad one day gave me a hammer and a bucket of nails, and told me to go out to the treehouse and hammer nails until I was calm.

It worked great, and became the thing to do for my younger siblings, too. Angry? Go hammer nails into the side of the tree fort. Since then, I have been working on acknowledging my anger, honoring my right to feel it, and then letting it go.

Starlet is at the break things stage of adolescence, though he is thankfully not as strong as I was. We have recently discovered he calms down within 10 minutes if he is building furniture. We now have a ready supply of pre-fab bookshelves that just need to be hammered together. Each one is $15-30 and he hasn’t gotten grounded for throwing things in months.

3 Likes

Take long walks. You’ll feel better.

Exercise or something artistic.
Music can be great for getting anger out. Don’t you play drums? Seem perfect to me.