Is there a regional food/dessert/drink where you’re from?

OK never heard of cream tea.
But I love cream and I love tea.

2 Likes

True @Nomad Ted Drewes Frozen Custard a must in St. Louis.

2 Likes

Cream tea is fruit scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam

3 Likes

Oh that’s really like sounds like what you said.

2 Likes

Without googling I am guessing you’re somewhere in Southeast Asia.

2 Likes

Where I’m from we have a lot of cacti and we make a lot of candies and jams from the fruit.

2 Likes

Beef is big where I live, bison less so. Most of us can work magic with root vegetables as they grow well here. Saskatoon berries are popular in pies and preserves. They also work nicely in sauces.

2 Likes
1 Like

Norway dessert:
Krumkake.
It’s a pancake-like thing made with a sweet dough in a special patterned iron and wrapped in a opening shape so you can put cream into when it stiffens.

Specialty from my region:
Successtærta (success tart/pie).
It’s a layered cake made with butter, almonds, chocolate and lots of custard. It’s very filling, very sweet, and very good.

Denmark dessert:
Æbleskiver.
Batter is poured into onw of the round holes of a special pan, and then turned around when it bakes so it becomes a fluffy ball. Dipped in sugar and powedered sugar and jam.

aebleskiver_original

11 Likes

Food: Baked roadkill
Dessert: Everybody is diabetic so there ain’t no dessert
Drink: Yak piss.

5 Likes

@Blizzard I have no sense of humor but if this is a joke - you made me laugh.

2 Likes

The only thing I can think of that is popular as a regional food/restaurant is Skyline Chili. We also have good tavern-style pizza where I’m at

1 Like

Hawaiian Pizza was created here in Ontario, but I think it’s disgusting.

Next door in Quebec, they are famous for poutine which I love.

Canada produces 85% of the worlds maple syrup, which I also like.

6 Likes

@Headspark Yeah i heard you guys had to tap into your maple reserves due to demand.

2 Likes

I’m in a pretty multi cultured space so I’m not sure if there’s any regional food.

But one of my faves desserts my mom makes is called Black Forest Trifle. It’s a layered cake it’s soo good!
Looks like this.
911312-lg

3 Likes

We have the Coney Island hot dog. It’s a hotdog in a bun with chili, yellow mustard and diced white onions on top. It’s very good

5 Likes

That’s true @Kxev

Stephen Colbert made fun of us about it on the Late Show, it was pretty funny

2 Likes

Pasties are big up north. Not sure what’s in them. Probably like a hot pocket. Or like a hot pocket pot pie.
download (1) has meat onion potato

5 Likes

Lots of stuff from the Southeastern USA, but specifically from my stomping grounds in North Carolina we have BBQ, burger and hot dogs with chili, slaw, and onions, and the soda Cheerwine which is a very cherry cola.

5 Likes

Just smoked a pork butt the other week! And had an Eastern NC sauce to go with. It’s as close to Carolina BBQ as I can swing – def don’t have room for the whole hawg stuff lol

5 Likes